Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Giveaways

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Gun Giveaways

Instead of signing up for these online "give-aways" that are more for email address harvesting than they are promoting business, go buy a raffle ticket from fire department where the proceeds go to protecting your and your neighboring communities.

Your chances on winning one of them are far greater than the spam-generator give-aways.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Instead of signing up for these online "give-aways" that are more for email address harvesting than they are promoting business, go buy a raffle ticket from fire department where the proceeds go to protecting your and your neighboring communities.

Your chances on winning one of them are far greater than the spam-generator give-aways.
    I've won these.I've never won a paid raffle. So my personal experience is better in the free giveaways.

And my local fire department doesn't do gun raffles. So that isn't even an option.

There is also no reason you can't do both, if your local fire company does offer something like this. (My local fire company gives rides on the truck every year for donations... well worth every penny every year. They let the kids run the siren!)

As for email harvesting I've been monitoring these for a while. I don't post the ones that generate spam. There are sketchy giveaways every month. I don't post those. The individual stores might add you to their weekly circular, but you can always opt out. In any case I recommend using a separate email account to these. Everyone should have a spam email they use for all public transactions anyway.

Ultimately... if these aren't for you...cool. If you're into these, also cool.

To me they are like a lottery game. Fun to play. Fun to dream about winning a different fancy gun each month. Every once in a while you may actually win something. But when using a dedicated spam email.... it's no harm done when you don't.

(Wayne County)

Won some ammo and stuff from Reminton a few years ago, first and only time winning anything.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Venturerider View Post
    Won some ammo and stuff from Reminton a few years ago, first and only time winning anything.
    The odds are all over the place. I've seen some giveaways that give you 1 in 100 odds (insanely good) Others are 1 in 100,000 (I don't even bother with those)

And it doesn't make a difference what the item being given away is. It's more about how popular the store giving it away is.

I've seen Glock 19's with 1 in 100 odds. I've seen goofy random off branded guns that chamber oddball calibers be the 1 in 100,000

I like the ones with odds at 1 in 1,000 or better. Most of the ones I post (not all) have odds in that range.

The really cool ones are the ones that have 10 prizes and 10 winners. Some of those prizes might be a gun, some might be ear protection. But your odds are 10 times better for winning something. I avoid the ones that have 25 prizes including 7 AR's and cases of ammo from some store I never heard of because I don't trust them to be real.

The fun part to me is entering.... increasing my odds by clicking their link every day, and imagining winning. If I don't, there will be a new gun contest next week. Sort of like playing Powerball. Your odds are near 0 for the Powerball but it's fun to imagine being a billionaire

(York County)

R&R Tactical is giving away an H&K MR762A1 LRP III Rifle, Huxwrx Flow 7.62Ti Suppressor + Gear

Enter here https://tropee.com/x/NhT4vXqX1Us

Ends January 19th

aVEpY9pdfQ2S7wc3UdHk.jpg
    May the Schwartz Be With You

(York County)

Win a Sig Sauer P320 X5 Legion, Dirty Bird Enhanced RECCE ODG Anodized AR-15 outfitted with a Vortex RZR 1-10 Scope, a case of 9mm and .223 ammo, a Savior Equipment Guitar Rifle Case & more!

Enter here https://swee.ps/CJRzRr_IwVfsc

Ends March 31st

e8d75a325d9e2bc1.jpg

(York County)

Win 1 of 20 prizes in this gun giveaway with 10 complete guns (8 AR's, 1 pistol, 1 bullpup) and 10 other prizes

Enter here https://share-w.in/9heuwu-75642

Ends January 28th.

20 winners so better odds!

(York County)

Win a free IASW Integrally Suppressed S&W M&P 1522 Rifle from Innovative Arms

Enter here https://innovativearms.com?rpid=3&rpr=2052

Ends March 29th

96920a25a0d5979c.jpg

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Not thread-crapping, just asking in all seriousness: have you ever won anything?

I entered in them religiously for several months a few years ago, then I gave up.
    I never win anything either

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    I never win anything either
    I said that until I won. Now I'm addicted to it.

Only the free ones though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast