Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default CRS Firearms found guilty

If you're not familiar with the case you can read more about it here - https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...ds-/5-2525742/

The short is he was a Youtuber that did marketing for a guy building a novelty Lighting Link. The ATF has now determined that a piece of metal with a drawing is a machine gun.

Default Re: CRS Firearms found guilty

I have watch some of the videos about this case over the last few months. I get the defendants point of view and if I were on the jury I would have voted not guilty. I am sure he will appeal and hope for a reversal. But right now he is a felon facing jail time, never being able to legally hold or own a gun again and major fines after a costly court case.

It also shows the danger of being the guy to stand up for what you believe in. I*ve heard people say (not on PAFOA) that they are going to keep their braces on their pistols and hope for the best. This lightning link case demonstrates why that is not a good philosophy to go by. It can cost you your freedom, 2nd Amendment right and money.

(Lancaster County)

Its getting to the point that its not worth surrendering.

(Allegheny County)

Fucking tyrants.
    F*#K THE ATF

Quote Originally Posted by coat4gun View Post
    Its getting to the point that its not worth surrendering.
    Bingo!
    FJB

(Bucks County)

once again, the NON JUDICIAL "LAW" making "Fifedom" is making laws and enforcing them illegally. we gotta find a "consitutional lawyer" and start putting those Felons behind bars. Dogs live matter!
    bailout the working class not the freeloading class

Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    once again, the NON JUDICIAL "LAW" making "Fifedom" is making laws and enforcing them illegally. we gotta find a "consitutional lawyer" and start putting those Felons behind bars. Dogs live matter!
    What are you talking about, no laws were rewritten. Auto sears and conversion devices are and have been illegal for decades. If it was printed on a piece of paper it would likely be legal printing it on metal was a stupid move and that crs guy is a douche. While I hope they reverse the decision de deserves the trouble for pushing the issue

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    What are you talking about, no laws were rewritten. Auto sears and conversion devices are and have been illegal for decades. If it was printed on a piece of paper it would likely be legal printing it on metal was a stupid move and that crs guy is a douche. While I hope they reverse the decision de deserves the trouble for pushing the issue
    Sears and conversions should never have been considered "machine guns" in the first place, unless installed in an actual firearm. That's the same as saying a turbo charger, by itself, is a car and you are guilty of speeding for owning just the turbo charger.
    The ATF has got so many convinced that their stupid shit makes sense.
    The Hostler

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Sears and conversions should never have been considered "machine guns" in the first place, unless installed in an actual firearm. That's the same as saying a turbo charger, by itself, is a car and you are guilty of speeding for owning just the turbo charger.
    Do you know shoe strings are also machine guns according to the ATF?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Agree. By this logic, if I sell a piece of Styrofoam I can be charged with selling homemade napalm since they just need to toss it in a can of gasoline to make it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast