Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: New Hi-Point 3095 in .30 Super Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'm not "bashing" Hi Point - I just have no use for a semi-auto gun that is intentionally restricted to 10 rounds.
    And if the ammo costs even a little more than 9mm, it's of no use whatsoever as a plinker, so it's a neutered defensive gun that's too expensive to shoot paper targets with. People buy Hi Points because they can't afford a real gun (I know - I've been there), so they certainly can't afford to feed it.
    Who are they going to sell this one to?
    All of my Hi-Points are real guns. And you're certainly not limited to just 10 rounds in any Hi-Point. There are aftermarket mags available that allow you to shoot 20-40 rounds depending on the caliber. I have a 40 round drum mag that works in both my .45 ACP and 10mm Hi-Points. I've got 20 round Redball mags for my 9mm carbine. I got the impression from the Hi-Point sales guy that the .30SC mags on the 3095 are just 9mm mags. That would mean that there are hi-cap options. May have to fiddle with the mags to get them to run reliably, but that's no big deal.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    All of my Hi-Points are real guns. And you're certainly not limited to just 10 rounds in any Hi-Point. There are aftermarket mags available that allow you to shoot 20-40 rounds depending on the caliber. I have a 40 round drum mag that works in both my .45 ACP and 10mm Hi-Points. I've got 20 round Redball mags for my 9mm carbine. I got the impression from the Hi-Point sales guy that the .30SC mags on the 3095 are just 9mm mags. That would mean that there are hi-cap options. May have to fiddle with the mags to get them to run reliably, but that's no big deal.
    Those Redball mags are "dork city".
    I had no idea that drum mags existed for them. (but I'd only be interested if it were 9mm)
    Sorry if the "real gun" thing offends you. I owned one too. I was never offended when people talked shit on them because they are what they are.
    Highly reliable, highly pain in the ass to take apart, and highly limited - as compared to a "real gun".

I paid $119 for my 995 - new. That's how long ago I had mine.
    I sold it to use the money to build my first AR15. I didn't hate the gun by any means, but it was the best gun I ever sold for money in that it's the only one I didn't regret selling later.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Outperforms 9mm? Fake news. Outperforms .380? Yes, somewhat. It does have a potential capacity bump over either, but that's about it.

S&W is selling the Shield in 30SC. Will be interesting to see if it catches on.
    Umm…yeah the shield and EZ in 30SC have been out for awhile and we have sold a few of them. Most hillbillies don’t even know what they are but the educated folks do. Any new caliber is hard to break out into an uneducated public. Take for instance the 6mm ARC that grossly out performs .308 in an AR platform. Great rifle, reduced recoil, awesome crush and tear factor. Hillbilly Joe still thinks his M1 Garand was the best rifle ever made says the 6mm ARC rifle ain’t got nothing on his 30.06 Remington. From every source that has been published, the 30SC does indeed out perform 9mm but i guess they are all incorrect.

(York County)

At about 1:40 they show some stats. (on a marketing display)
    Doesn't look like anything spectacular to me. I'm not a ballistics expert though, so maybe it's more impressive than it looks.

I'm not "bashing" Hi Point - I just have no use for a semi-auto gun that is intentionally restricted to 10 rounds.
    And if the ammo costs even a little more than 9mm, it's of no use whatsoever as a plinker, so it's a neutered defensive gun that's too expensive to shoot paper targets with. People buy Hi Points because they can't afford a real gun (I know - I've been there), so they certainly can't afford to feed it.
    Who are they going to sell this one to?
    Gotta love it when the guys who don’t know anything about the caliber, cost of ammo, or magazines comment and bash a product.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    Gotta love it when the guys who don*t know anything about the caliber, cost of ammo, or magazines comment and bash a product.
    Gotta love it when gun guys call people "uneducated" and "hillbillies".

I plainly stated that I don't know anything about the caliber, yet you have to be an ass about it.

I don't give a shit about the caliber and it's performance/lack of performance. I've also plainly stated why it's of no interest to me. (and likely most people who buy Hi Points)

Tell me - is .30 Super Carry less expensive than 9mm?
    Educate me on how wrong I am about that assumption.

(York County)

Gotta love it when gun guys call people "uneducated" and "hillbillies".

I plainly stated that I don't know anything about the caliber, yet you have to be an ass about it.

I don't give a shit about the caliber and it's performance/lack of performance. I've also plainly stated why it's of no interest to me. (and likely most people who buy Hi Points)

Tell me - is .30 Super Carry less expensive than 9mm?
    Educate me on how wrong I am about that assumption.
    No, 30SC is about the same cost as 9mm. You could figure that out from 10 seconds of google searches. Instead, you make smart ass posts professing how it*s a POS and then state that you don*t know anything about it. I*m not being an ass about it. I*m pointing out that you are uneducated in this situation, yet are not afraid to show it.

Perhaps instead of making opinionated posts, you should take a few minutes and read and research. I know that the truth seems to piss you off and get you all offended here, but there it is*.its the truth. Don*t like it? So sorry to hear that. Otherwise, quit being an ass and slamming a product that you have no idea about. End of story emptymag.

(Allegheny County)

LOL!

Can you read? Like actually read?
    Where did I say it was a POS?
    Pretty sure I said they were "highly reliable". (because I did)

I'm so sorry that the things I don't like about the HP carbines makes you sad.
    How many do you own?

(Allegheny County)

I just did a ten second search on ammoseek.

Apparently .32 cents per round is "about the same" as .16 cents per round for 9mm.

Oh, wait. That's NOT about the same"?

Looks like my assumption was right on the money.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    No, 30SC is about the same cost as 9mm. You could figure that out from 10 seconds of google searches. Instead, you make smart ass posts professing how it*s a POS and then state that you don*t know anything about it. I*m not being an ass about it. I*m pointing out that you are uneducated in this situation, yet are not afraid to show it.

Perhaps instead of making opinionated posts, you should take a few minutes and read and research. I know that the truth seems to piss you off and get you all offended here, but there it is*.its the truth. Don*t like it? So sorry to hear that. Otherwise, quit being an ass and slamming a product that you have no idea about. End of story emptymag.
    I'm confused now, are you defending it because you like the caliber or the gun?

(York County)

I just did a ten second search on ammoseek.

Apparently .32 cents per round is "about the same" as .16 cents per round for 9mm.

Oh, wait. That's NOT about the same"?

Looks like my assumption was right on the money.
    Where are yo getting 9mm for $8 per box? Man you sound like you are really pissed. Sorry i hurt your feelings. Can you even read and comprehend how much of an ass you are being? No wonder you aren*t a moderator anymore. With an attitude like yours, this site doesn*t need you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast