Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kim Stolfer, A Pennsylvania Gun Rights Champion, has passed away

Not many can say they've done as much for our 2a rights as Kim. RIP, Marine.

(Blair County)

So sorry to hear, prayers of comfort for his family.
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

(Allegheny County)

We are so so sad to hear this news. I can honestly say I am very proud to have had the opportunity to know Kim.
    He was always so willing to help me out with questions on gun laws, or any questions i had and would happily help with such a passion. We have lost a special person and now i wonder who (if anyone) will put the effort like he did into defending our second amendment rights. RIP Kim Stolfer. You will be missed.

(York County)

Sad News - And condolences to his family.

He was a long-time, hard-fighting, champion of 2A Rights.

May his fighting spirit continue to flourish in others.

(Berks County)

Sad indeed. RIP.

(York County)

RIP Kim. He did so much for 2A rights in our Commonwealth. Even when sick last year, he still made it to Harrisburg. My condolences to his family and friends.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

My sincere condolences to his family. I had a few conversations with him over the years and he was always very knowledgeable and a gentleman.

(Allegheny County)

Obituary and Services for President Emeritus Kim Stolfer
    Kim HBG.jpg
    Kim Stolfer, age 68, of South Fayette passed away on Saturday, April 15, 2023 at home surrounded by his family after a hard-fought battle with cancer.

Born November 7, 1954 in Pittsburgh, Kim was raised by his late mother, Charlotte (Moser) Stolfer. Kim was a 1972 graduate of Carlynton High School in Carnegie.

At the young age of 19 Kim became a Marine sending money home to his then juvenile sister Rose to help care for their then ailing mother. The Marine Corps vocational test scores showed his aptitude in verbal skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving, so they put him through aircraft and powerplant mechanic school and he was assigned as a crew chief on a CH-47 Chinook helicopter. Like many veterans, war molded him from his late teen years into adulthood, and he saw and did more than he ever said. Kim was crew chief of the last American helicopter to leave Vietnam. Due to a communications error, military personnel and civilians were left behind at the American Embassy in Saigon after the “official” last helicopter departed with the Ambassador. Kim’s CH-47 evacuated those left behind as Saigon fell in South Vietnam.

Following his military service Kim went on to work and serve his country as a body and fender repairman for the United States Postal Service. He retired in 2009 as shop keeper after 30 years of service.

Kim found a love for shooting sports through Greater Pittsburgh Trap & Skeet Club, where he participated in recreational and competition shooting including IPSC practical pistol, rifle and shotgun. He co-founded Shooters Active in Firearms Education (S.A.F.E.) and became active throughout the Pennsylvania region teaching NRA-certified firearms safety and concealed carry classes through various sportsman’s clubs and police departments.

Kim was a founding member of both the Greater Pittsburgh Trap & Skeet Club and the Allegheny County Sportsmen’s League (ACSL) club’s legislative affairs branch, which got him involved in leadership positions in the Allegheny County Sportsmen‘s League (ACSL) and the Pennsylvania Sportsmen’s Association (PSA). His efforts evolved into Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC-ILLEA).

Kim took his oath to defend the Constitution seriously and was an effective adversary of elected officials and government employees who violate their oaths. He was a well-spoken advocate for personal freedoms as well as for holding criminals accountable. Kim wrote and or co-authored, dozens of pieces of statewide legislation over the years, many of which are now current law, including the Castle Doctrine law and Preemption Enhancement law.

He is survived by his loving and devoted wife of 36 years, Michelle (Pozzi) Stolfer; his son, Jason Stolfer; his step-son, Michael (Emily) Pozzi; his granddaughters, Paige and Gabriella Pozzi; his beloved sister, Rose (Mike) Johnson; his niece and nephew, Samantha (John) Rothka and Paul (Jennifer) Milavec; and many loved great nieces and nephews.

The family will receive friends and patriots at Thomas-Little Funeral Home, 305 Main St., Imperial, PA on Wednesday, April 19th from 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. and on Thursday, April 20th from 12-2 p.m. A service to honor and remember Kim’s life will be held at 2 p.m. on Thursday at the funeral home.

The family would like to express their thanks for the wonderful help and care given by Gallagher Hospice. He will be sorely missed by his family, friends, allies, and patriots. We are all diminished by his passing.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to FOAC-ILLEA https://foac-illea.org/ in memory of Kim’s life and legacy.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Delaware County)

RIP.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Bucks County)

He was a good man. I am glad I was able meet him and get involved.

His efforts will be missed. May his family find peace.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast