Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Environmentalists win; company drops plans for $1B gas-fired generating plant in Pa.

🤔 Hahaha C'mon man make sure those windmills and solar panels go up instead.

RENOVO-Plans for a $1 billion natural gas-fired power generating plant on the site of former railroad yards in a borough northwest of Lock Haven in Clinton County have been scrapped.

“It’s a sad and disappointing time,” Michael Flannigan, president and CEO of the Clinton County Economic Partnership, said Friday about the decision of the Bechtel Corp. of Reston, Va.

Bechtel cited the ongoing appeals from environmental groups as the reason for discontinuing the project that had been in the planning stages for eight years.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/0...outputType=amp

(Berks County)

Default Re: Environmentalists win; company drops plans for $1B gas-fired generating plant in

I'm fine with that, provided that their power gets cut first when there's not enough to go around.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Default Re: Environmentalists win; company drops plans for $1B gas-fired generating plant in

Environmental groups, the ones that are bitching about too much co2 in our atmosphere.
    If we go below .02% plant life starts to die. This is nothing but a money/power grab scam.

FJB

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Environmental groups, the ones that are bitching about too much co2 in our atmosphere.
    If we go below .02% plant life starts to die. This is nothing but a money/power grab scam.
    Losers, money/power grab scam. A purpose in life for those who have none.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

The "ongoing appeals by environmental groups" is lawfare
    they tie up the process in endless loops of litigation,
    drain the financial assets of interested parties until its no longer economically feasible to continue,
    Smile and wave as they move on to the next target.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post

That is a great video Bogey! The people passing legislation are as clueless about earth's history, CO2 & oxygen levels, and biodiversity as they are about firearms. It is a sad that Americans let these clowns get away with passing BS legislation without knowing anything about the topics.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    That is a great video Bogey! The people passing legislation are as clueless about earth's history, CO2 & oxygen levels, and biodiversity as they are about firearms. It is a sad that Americans let these clowns get away with passing BS legislation without knowing anything about the topics.
    I always said, take away c02 and you'll kill the planet, and I only have an internet science degree.
    FJB

(Berks County)

I can understand the reluctance of any entity to build a fossil fuel plant. Brandon is continually telling them his goal is to drive them into bankruptcy. (When he's not asking for more production...)

(Allegheny County)

I guess they didn't want to ugly up the abandoned rail yard.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I guess they didn't want to ugly up the abandoned rail yard.
    Yes, we need to keep our coal strippings and abandoned buildings of rustbelt PA pristine for future generations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast