Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Henry Big Boy Revolver

The MSRP is a bit too rich for my blood. It seemed to shoot well in that video though. Personally, I'm glad we have another revolver option.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Westmoreland County)

That revolver reminds me a bit of the old High Standard revolvers from the 50s & 60s.

A friend of mine picked up one of the new Big Boy revolvers use at his local shop. My friend said it sounded as though it was traded in because the owner didn't care much for it. He bought it because it was part of a good package deal. I may wind up with this thing as he tends to keep guns for a very short time.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Handled one today at Guns Plus in Cove, PA on US15 north of Enola. That revolver may fit someone's hand, but not mine. That place has a whole ROOM for Henry products.

Noah
    I had the opportunity to pop in there on my way to Tuscarora State Forrest for a few days of camping and off roading this weekend. Quite a nice shop, with very friendly staff. The Henry room is very cool if you are into them. The prices on everything are substantially lower than shops my side of the river. Primers though are still at $90/1000 but i guess Im going to get used to this if I ever deplete my stash.

Some talk in this thread for those who can't seem to find the particular Henry they want. I'd like to share my experience...I gave my local shop $800 to order A Henry Big Boy Steel in .41 Magnum. Weeks went by, and I was told all their distributers list them, but all out of stock. Frustrated I went to Henrys website and clicked on the generic "contact us" tab, told them of my situation and included the shops name and they were a stocking Henry dealer, left my office for about an hour and when I opened my e-mail, I had a reply from Anthony Imperato, the CEO of Henry telling me a rifle was being shipped today to my LGS, it arrived the next day to my FFL's surprise. Now that is stellar customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    I had the opportunity to pop in there on my way to Tuscarora State Forrest for a few days of camping and off roading this weekend. Quite a nice shop, with very friendly staff. The Henry room is very cool if you are into them. The prices on everything are substantially lower than shops my side of the river. Primers though are still at $90/1000 but i guess Im going to get used to this if I ever deplete my stash.

Some talk in this thread for those who can't seem to find the particular Henry they want. I'd like to share my experience...I gave my local shop $800 to order A Henry Big Boy Steel in .41 Magnum. Weeks went by, and I was told all their distributers list them, but all out of stock. Frustrated I went to Henrys website and clicked on the generic "contact us" tab, told them of my situation and included the shops name and they were a stocking Henry dealer, left my office for about an hour and when I opened my e-mail, I had a reply from Anthony Imperato, the CEO of Henry telling me a rifle was being shipped today to my LGS, it arrived the next day to my FFL's surprise. Now that is stellar customer service.
    I've spoken to Mr. Imperato a couple of times. The first time was when I needed to order a metal barrel band for my wife's H001 rifle. He answered the phone when I called. The second time was when my Big Boy Steel in .357 was sent in because the extractor kept breaking. Henry had it for over a month and I called in to check on the status. Mr. Imperato answered the phone again. He apologized for the delay, said they were still trying to figure out what was wrong with my gun, but rather than keep me waiting, he sent me a new rifle the next day. Yeah, I'm a fan.

(Cumberland County)

Handled one the other day. Not bad but not my cup of tea. I*m sure it*ll run fine and there are plenty of Henry fans out there.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hib View Post
    With no more money and effort they could have produced a more aesthetically pleasing design.
    My first impression was something along the lines of yeah, that looks like New Jersey.
    Agree , I love my Big Boy Carbine , these not so much ....

Remind my of the Chamelot-Delvigne Model 1873 from the Mummy ....

BD11718F-93D3-4F80-A972-DC1BEA4AB9E1.jpg

Or a Nagant
    0DD2B7BF-D9CB-49B9-B239-4C8EFD011EF3.jpg
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke2A View Post
    Agree , I love my Big Boy Carbine , these not so much ....

Remind my of the Chamelot-Delvigne Model 1873 from the Mummy ....

BD11718F-93D3-4F80-A972-DC1BEA4AB9E1.jpg
    See, I love that gun (and the movie). Would love to get my hands on one.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    See, I love that gun (and the movie). Would love to get my hands on one.
    I think they are awesome from a collectors point of view , not my CC or OC option from a modern handgun ....
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234