Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Henry Big Boy Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Ofcourse anything is available online if you to pay an exorbitant amount. But that's because of them not being able to keep up with the demand they have. I bought an X model 45 colt a few months ago, luckily I live near one of their Top 100 dealers, they were selling on gun broker for about 200 over what I paid. The 357's, 45 70's and 30 30's are going for over 400+ more then what they sell them for from the shop.
    There are zero deals on GB. I find that gun.deals has the best search engine for finding guns at the cheapest prices online. I just put a notification request for whatever gun I'm looking for at all the vendors listed, and then wait for it to come back in stock. What usually happens is a manufacturer will produce a particular gun in batches and there will be none for a while and then they all drop to distributors at the same time. That's when I get dozens of emails and I can jump on whomever has the best price. If I find it at my LGS cheaper sooner, great. Otherwise I can wait. I've had good results with my last several purchases that way.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    There are zero deals on GB. I find that gun.deals has the best search engine for finding guns at the cheapest prices online. I just put a notification request for whatever gun I'm looking for at all the vendors listed, and then wait for it to come back in stock. What usually happens is a manufacturer will produce a particular gun in batches and there will be none for a while and then they all drop to distributors at the same time. That's when I get dozens of emails and I can jump on whomever has the best price. If I find it at my LGS cheaper sooner, great. Otherwise I can wait. I've had good results with my last several purchases that way.
    Yup. Also searching UPC or manufacturer product numbers works too. Although you have to weed out the fake gun sites run by Ukrainians and the Chinese military.

IMHO Gunbroker is more responsible for exorbitant prices and panic buying, than any other single factor.

Auction Arms was the shit in the days before Gunbroker. I miss the deals and large selections they used to have. Plus they never did the 15 minute last bid auction extension BS, to drive up the final selling price.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I just look online, for anything ive wanted ive never found a price that has been better with the 2 shops I go to when you add in shipping and fees from the shop to get them in. Only gun I ever bought online was a Ruger 10/22 takedown that was a Davidsons exclusive.
    IANAL

(Bucks County)

I'd need to se one in person, but as of now - the new revolver is a "meh" from me.

I was looking to get a Henry .22 pump action gallery gun. I've had good experience with Gallery of Guns. Find what you like, compare pricing with the dealers listed...then buy on-line with a deposit. Pick up at the dealer you selected. Anyhow, I checked with a couple local shops and none said this rifle was available, all incoming were spoken for. One night I checked Gallery of Guns and found 15 available. I selected Target World from their list. Easy, priced right. I even placed the rifle this one was replacing on consignment. (It's a Rossi .22 Gallery)

(Clearfield County)

Here's a random review

With no more money and effort they could have produced a more aesthetically pleasing design.
    My first impression was something along the lines of yeah, that looks like New Jersey.

(Elk County)

Handled one today at Guns Plus in Cove, PA on US15 north of Enola. That revolver may fit someone's hand, but not mine. That place has a whole ROOM for Henry products.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; July 22nd, 2023 at 06:43 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by guncollector View Post
    They remind me of the old Colt police positive with the exposed ejector rod. Nice to see Henry expanding the line. I hope they continue to expand the revolvers.
    Thanks! I was just about to say that!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Cumberland County)

That's a short drive from my house and never knew it existed! Thanks - will have to shoot by there soon

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Handled one today at Guns Plus in Cove, PA on US15 north of Enola. That revolver may fit someone's hand, but not mine. That place has a whole ROOM for Henry products.

Noah
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Noah
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    That's a short drive from my house and never knew it existed! Thanks - will have to shoot by there soon
    Not far from Reeser's Gun Shop and the Red Rabbit Drive-In Restaurant.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast