Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Morgantown May 6-7

As always, check the website before travelling. I got burned a couple of times when I failed to.

Show Dates and Times
    May 6-7, 2023
    Saturday 9am – 5pm
    Sunday 9am – 4pm
    Ticket Prices
    Adults
    Single Day Ticket $10
    2 Day Ticket $16
    Children 12 and younger always free!
    Tickets go on sale 90 days prior to the event date
    Number of vendor tables at the show

https://eagleshows.com/event/morgant...show-may-2023/

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Morgantown May 6-7

Any reports? How's the milsurp selection?

(Philadelphia County)

A few tables with some nice looking milsurp rifles and a few with some that are utterly thrashed. Some variety of surplus gear as well. I went after hitting up the range and wound up buying a box of pistol primers and some wadcutters.

(Chester County)

I went this morning. There were more tables than I think I've ever seen at this show, so I would say it was worth going to. I am into antique and milsurp guns, and didn't find anything decent in my price range. As far as milsurps were concerned, you have to pay dearly for anything in reasonable condition. I'll try again at Oaks.

I saw some scuttlebutt that PICS went down and figuratively killed the show. Can anyone confirm?

(Westmoreland County)

PICS did got down about 12:30 on Saturday and came back up about 2:30. The crowd was pretty light and the show was pretty slow at that point. It was on life support till PICS went down; when that happened it was like someone pulled the plug on the machine. Every other vendor I spoke with had a lousy show. I was no exception. Some vendors commented they weren't coming back.

(Chester County)

The issue I have with this show is that it's a microcosm of Oaks, which is not surprising since they're both Eagle Arms shows. Same vendors, same merchandise, same prices, but about 1/4 the size. I usually skip this one and wait for Oaks. The only constructive suggestion I can offer is get some smaller local vendors who don't want the hassle and expense of setting up at Oaks. Easy for me to say!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1255 View Post
    The issue I have with this show is that it's a microcosm of Oaks, which is not surprising since they're both Eagle Arms shows. Same vendors, same merchandise, same prices, but about 1/4 the size. I usually skip this one and wait for Oaks. The only constructive suggestion I can offer is get some smaller local vendors who don't want the hassle and expense of setting up at Oaks. Easy for me to say!
    You are correct in your assessment of the vendor makeup at Morgantown. Pretty much the same setups as Oaks. The problem with getting smaller vendors for less expensive setups is the costs for Morgantown are almost as much as for Oaks. Table costs are only slightly less, hotels about the same, assistants if needed, are the same and travel costs are still the same depending on your mileage. The only thing really less expensive about doing Morgantown is only two nights hotel costs instead of three and slightly less per table. The one advantage of Morgantown is the vehicle traffic is much easier.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    You are correct in your assessment of the vendor makeup at Morgantown. Pretty much the same setups as Oaks. The problem with getting smaller vendors for less expensive setups is the costs for Morgantown are almost as much as for Oaks. Table costs are only slightly less, hotels about the same, assistants if needed, are the same and travel costs are still the same depending on your mileage. The only thing really less expensive about doing Morgantown is only two nights hotel costs instead of three and slightly less per table. The one advantage of Morgantown is the vehicle traffic is much easier.
    Morgantown is better for me but I doubt it will go more than a couple of more shows. It used to be on the circuit years ago but attendance and vendors dwindled to next to nothing and they ended it until MONTCO denied Oaks from showing. I'm wearing out and my dogs are killing me by the time I'm done trudging through oaks.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Morgantown is better for me but I doubt it will go more than a couple of more shows. It used to be on the circuit years ago but attendance and vendors dwindled to next to nothing and they ended it until MONTCO denied Oaks from showing. I'm wearing out and my dogs are killing me by the time I'm done trudging through oaks.
    Yes. Me too. I get so busy at Oaks I can barely check the show for anything for myself. When there's a three hall show it's all I can do to make one trip from one end to the other.

Morgantown has devolved back to the second rate status it was before the Oaks facility shutdown. I personally like the facility and the area better than Oaks but the show doesn't draw as it should from a business standpoint. Speculation is some vendors are continuing to do the show there so as to keep a footprint at that location in the event that Montgomery Co. should make gun shows unwelcome at the Oaks facility. Considering the pressure that's been put on the promotors in the past by the county and Krasner and Co. lately it's not such a farfetched theory.