Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Washington State Passing Assault Weapon Ban

It*s NOT a democracy, it*s a Repblic.
    As someone up thread mentioned; if you want to DO SOMETHING, educate yourself first.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    It*s NOT a democracy, it*s a Repblic.
    As someone up thread mentioned; if you want to DO SOMETHING, educate yourself first.
    Also, a big part of our system is designed to counteract the tyranny of the majority.

But what can you expect from someone who most likely thinks that most of the Founding Fathers were atheists, deists, and worshipped woodland sprites.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Also, a big part of our system is designed to counteract the tyranny of the majority.
    This is a REALLY good point. It's also designed to make change difficult, although the Courts and our Government Bureaucracy have done a good job of overcoming that. Gridlock is actually a good thing much of the time.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Yes, the vast majority of people who live in the country bumpkins.
    I know there are exceptions.
    That being said, the majority of American citizens don’t even know their own history. Don’t even appreciate the sacrifices made by the founding fathers and the men who fought in World War II.
    I think we’re all know what we are talking about.
    And I think you get my point.
    And yet here you are - a supposedly intelligent city dweller - on a gun forum arguing in favor of the wildly ineffective extreme anti-gun legislation that is spreading across the US like cancer to an audience that will never agree with you. Moreover, you're presenting that argument in an arrogant, condescending, tone fueled solely by more of the same tired, political rhetoric that aims to derail rational, pragmatic discussions about the matter by repeatedly clamoring that all of those opposed don't care about all the dead children.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    And yet here you are - a supposedly intelligent city dweller - on a gun forum arguing in favor of the wildly ineffective extreme anti-gun legislation that is spreading across the US like cancer to an audience that will never agree with you. Moreover, you're presenting that argument in an arrogant, condescending, tone fueled solely by more of the same tired, political rhetoric that aims to derail rational, pragmatic discussions about the matter by repeatedly clamoring that all of those opposed don't care about all the dead children.
    Bazinga! That was a real zinger.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    I essentially figured him for either a gov't shill or just a giant flaming dick as soon as he debased himself by blatantly indicating that all we country folk are somehow bumpkins. Yawp. (spits some chaw. picks nose. sticks toothpick in between two teef. duh.)
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    I essentially figured him for either a gov't shill or just a giant flaming dick as soon as he debased himself by blatantly indicating that all we country folk are somehow bumpkins. Yawp. (spits some chaw. picks nose. sticks toothpick in between two teef. duh.)
    I jis farts

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Yes, the vast majority of people who live in the country bumpkins.
    Never heard of a country called bumpkins.
    From the tone of the conversation I take it you mean the majority of the people who live in the country are bumpkins?
    Please define bumpkins.
    If it means someone in the country who doesn't give a shit what city people think, you're right.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    Never heard of a country called bumpkins.
    From the tone of the conversation I take it you mean the majority of the people who live in the country are bumpkins?
    Please define bumpkins.
    If it means someone in the country who doesn't give a shit what city people think, you're right.
    I think it includes some missing teef, a shotgun and a bloodhound on the front porch and a bunch of weeds around the house.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I think it includes some missing teef, a shotgun and a bloodhound on the front porch and a bunch of weeds around the house.
    Yep. A shotgun, just like Lurch. Too bad he didn't fall on it mouth-first while chasing some clueless jogger.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast