Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 🦌PA GOP leader of House Game and Fisheries Committee wants deer hunting changes

💡David Maloney has some changes in mind for deer hunting in Pennsylvania.

He's the Republican chair of the House Game and Fisheries Committee and a state representative from Berks County and an accomplished hunter. He earned a Triple Trophy for Pennsylvania big game by getting a buck, bear and turkey, all with a bow and arrow, in the same year.

He believes hunters would prefer changing the first day of rifle deer season back to the Monday after Thanksgiving. (It has started the Saturday after Thanksgiving since 2019.) He also believes senior hunters should have the the same antler point restrictions as junior hunters.

https://www.goerie.com/story/sports/...n/70061349007/

(Berks County)

Default Re: 🦌PA GOP leader of House Game and Fisheries Committee wants deer hunting changes

I really have no dog in the fight. I see the local business side, but not the 'we can't get flat out drunk, tear around on our ATV's, and blow up crap before Monday' crowd.

I wonder about his opinion on semi-autos for large game.

(Berks County)

Default Re: 🦌PA GOP leader of House Game and Fisheries Committee wants deer hunting changes

Maloney was my rep before we got redistricted last round. I wonder what his reasoning is.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

monday opener isnt going to save those failing businesses, they are failing due to a consistent decline in hunters for years among other issues. just looking at the data the game commission has for general license sales from 2010 to 2021, you can see minor increase from 2010 till 2013 then a decline until 2019 and 2020 and then a decline again in 2021. i bet if the game commission survey backed his wants then he would agree with them.

id be willing to bet he sides with the game commission survey about semi auto for big game hunting even though there has been an increase in people wanting to legalize it. im sure this thread will also go sideways about this topic.

(Tioga County)

I don't hunt but I've never heard anyone say any good about Saturday opener. It's too close to Thanksgiving and shopping on Friday and other stuff. Monday opener was it's own thing and it should be.

(Clearfield County)

I don't care how badly they want their chance to party without their wives, there is no legitimate reason why the first day of deer season needs to revolve around middle aged guys getting drunk.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I don't hunt but I've never heard anyone say any good about Saturday opener. It's too close to Thanksgiving and shopping on Friday and other stuff. Monday opener was it's own thing and it should be.
    ive had the opposite experience. most people i know are happy with the change, especially with kids cause very few schools, at least in my area, no longer have Monday off. black friday shopping now starts on the Monday before thanksgiving and most people i know shop online rather then go out and deal with people.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    ive had the opposite experience. most people i know are happy with the change, especially with kids cause very few schools, at least in my area, no longer have Monday off. black friday shopping now starts on the Monday before thanksgiving and most people i know shop online rather then go out and deal with people.
    Yep. Gives my kid an extra day to hunt. They change back to Monday and that's 2 less licenses they are going to sell. I'm not paying for the daughter to hunt 1 day and that's really the only reason I go out anymore.

GOOD!
    FJB

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    GOOD!
    Yeah, fuck those of us with kids. You can go get hammered with your buddies again like the days of old. That's what hunting season is about after all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast