Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Elk County)

Default Re: 🦌PA GOP leader of House Game and Fisheries Committee wants deer hunting changes

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I don't care how badly they want their chance to party without their wives, there is no legitimate reason why the first day of deer season needs to revolve around middle aged guys getting drunk.
    Rax, here in our part of the state the whole drunken "deer camp" shenanigans ritual is bigger than actually getting a deer. NOBODY I know who has a camp likes the Saturday opener.

I don't hunt, so IDGAF.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Default Re: 🦌PA GOP leader of House Game and Fisheries Committee wants deer hunting changes

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Rax, here in our part of the state the whole drunken "deer camp" shenanigans ritual is bigger than actually getting a deer. NOBODY I know who has a camp likes the Saturday opener.

I don't hunt, so IDGAF.

Noah
    I have a camp and don't care what day the "opener" is. By the time rifle season rolls around, I have probably been in the woods hunting more than most people do all year. Small game, archery, varmints, crows, muzzle loader, and bear. The "opening day" is just another hunting day for me. I spend a week or more at camp with a great group of idiots who do a fair amount of drinking. I can't believe the strong opinions relative to this.

(Bucks County)

My old camp is usually me, myself and I.

I have adapted to Saturday and managed this year to score on the archery Sunday too.

Really don't see the need to change things again.

Senior hunter who hasn't seen a spike or "Y" in years.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I don't care how badly they want their chance to party without their wives, there is no legitimate reason why the first day of deer season needs to revolve around middle aged guys getting drunk.
    If they'd open up the season to a reasonable month or two long and have modern rifles available like everywhere else then there would be more people other than middle aged drunk guys wanting to hunt. It seems they don't want a viable population for continuation of the sport.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123