Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Gun Show Characters

I like the small groups who stop and block the aisle but move a couple of feet to block me when I make a move to go around them. After those moves, the voices inside my head get pretty upset.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Then there are guys like me that go with a pocket full of cash, either alone or with my brother, looking for a very few specific items like ammo and parts, and just want to see what else is out there at what price. Sometimes it's just a stroll thru the hall and sometimes I spend all my cash. I can stand going thru the 1 hour drive, admission fee and putting up with all of the afore mentioned characters about once a year.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by benny swartz View Post

3. the fondlers = they stop and pick up everything they cant afford , and then simply walk away . if you cant afford ? dont want ? dont like the price ? dont touch.
    These types drive me nuts - didn't their parents teach them any manners? "Don't touch without permission" And I've seen all races and ages do it. The one show I was looking at some older uppers a dealer had and two older guys (60's if I had to guess), come up, move the "Please do not touch" sign, and grab one of the upper to check for proof marks. One of them proceeds to spit on the barrel and start rubbing it with his thumb - I've never seen a dealer grab something out of someone's hands so quick haha. The older guy asks what the problem was and that he was just trying to read the barrel roll mark.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Then there are guys like me that go with a pocket full of cash, either alone or with my brother, looking for a very few specific items like ammo and parts, and just want to see what else is out there at what price. Sometimes it's just a stroll thru the hall and sometimes I spend all my cash. I can stand going thru the 1 hour drive, admission fee and putting up with all of the afore mentioned characters about once a year.
    That's where I fit in at. Are you fat and gray too? Maybe a little worn from too many years of hard work?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Did anyone mention the guy who while handling the firearm, sweeps the crowd with the muzzle and then proceeds to pull the trigger while pointed directly at someone.

(Washington County)

There's always guys who pick something up, debate it awhile, say they will buy it if it's still there when they come back around, and then it's gone, and they look bummed.

Claw money - the buyer pays with money they have to pry from their own claws, it is crumpled up into a ball and practically needs steamed to flatten it out. Learned this term from a bartender at a dive bar.

You can avoid most of the crowd and the annoying people by being in line when the doors open. Yes, standing in line isn't fun, but once the line is in they spread out and the shows usually aren't crowded for an hour or so. By the two hour mark the show is miserable. I try to get in and out in the first hour.

Over the past couple years I've made a habit of going to shows regularly. I see the same vendors hauling the same items to the same shows over and over again at the same prices. I think it's crazy but whatever. Especially the guys who just sell gun books. It looks like they haul around 1000 lbs of books.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I like the small groups who stop and block the aisle but move a couple of feet to block me when I make a move to go around them. After those moves, the voices inside my head get pretty upset.
    LOL yep....and then along comes the cushion sniffer who abruptly butts into a conversation that is being had with a vendor and tries to impress everyone with his vast and unsolicited knowledge of what was being discussed.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

1. The fat cart buggy riders who really choke things up. I remember at Oaks two vendors had to pull in tables so two fat buggies could pass. The traffic jam was so tight no one could move. It was a fat Mexican stand off.

2. The guy with a full size backpack. The pack sticks out two feet plus from his back. Another space hog who just thinks he needs to carry everything at once. God forbid you make more than one trip to the car.

3 & 4. This is a combination of idiot vendor and idiot customer. Idiot vendor actually places loaded gun out for sale and passed pistol to customer without clearing the chamber. Idiot customer pulls the trigger and fires round into table. The last one that I know of happening was at the Oaks show. IIRC it was a 5.7x28 pistol. I remember, I was there in the shit with the grunts. The shot rang out, I continued doing my 4473. Not my circus, not my monkey.

5. The shit show of everything, not gun related. Fantasy crap knives, bats with barb wire, jerky, pickles and such overpriced garbage.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Most annoying to me is the clown that has to tell me about every item on MY table. My items are ALL my own used for years and we are very familiar with them. Would not be as annoying if they were at least 50% correct.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Did anyone mention the guy who while handling the firearm, sweeps the crowd with the muzzle and then proceeds to pull the trigger while pointed directly at someone.
    You've seen Alec Baldwin at gun shows?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast