Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Gun Show Characters

The Conspiracy Theorist: These wingnuts are gearing up, getting ready to do battle with the forces of evil; whatever form it might be. Examples are anything from occupying UN "peacekeepers" in black helicopters; Secret treasonous elements in our government; Right Wing Fascists; Left Wing extremists; The International Jewish Rothchild Cabal; The Papist Jesuit Illuminati; Gray Aliens; Subterranean Lizard Men; and I've barely scratched the surface of some of the lunatic fringe ideas I've heard over the years.

The latest one I encountered was the theory that the US Constitution was eradicated by the 1871 charter incorporating Washington DC as a city municipality and thereby rendering the nation as The Corporation Of The United States as a private business venture funded by various nefarious entities.

While many theories have some basis in fact to some degree, however slight; At times some of this sounds like it came from The Weekly World News or whackos who call The Coast-To-Coast radio show.

Disclaimer: The views expressed here are only observations and not meant to be judgmental. Please refrain from derailing this thread by detailed debate over the afore mentioned subjects. Thank you.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    One of the more recent types: The Weed Reeker- These odiferous morons show up at shows giving of so much residual marijuana fumes you almost get high being near them.
    Thankfully I haven't had to deal with such junkies ruining my fun show experience thus far.
    The Conspiracy Theorist: These wingnuts are gearing up, getting ready to do battle with the forces of evil; whatever form it might be. Examples are anything from occupying UN "peacekeepers" in black helicopters; Secret treasonous elements in our government; Right Wing Fascists; Left Wing extremists; The International Jewish Rothchild Cabal; The Papist Jesuit Illuminati; Gray Aliens; Subterranean Lizard Men; and I've barely scratched the surface of some of the lunatic fringe ideas I've heard over the years.

The latest one I encountered was the theory that the US Constitution was eradicated by the 1871 charter incorporating Washington DC as a city municipality and thereby rendering the nation as The Corporation Of The United States as a private business venture funded by various nefarious entities.

While many theories have some basis in fact to some degree, however slight; At times some of this sounds like it came from The Weekly World News or whackos who call The Coast-To-Coast radio show.

Disclaimer: The views expressed here are only observations and not meant to be judgmental. Please refrain from derailing this thread by detailed debate over the afore mentioned subjects. Thank you.
    I have actually overheard such spewings at past shows I've been to....others might have thought that I was high if they caught my reaction to what I'd heard!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellerophon View Post
    That’s not true at all. They were first produced in 1935 - they didn’t start adding model numbers to their production line until the mid 50’s.

It would have previously been known as a “Registered Magnum” and was basically a custom order gun for anyone, including lot orders for police departments.

I referred to it as a Model 27 as that’s really what it is. I’d refer you to any number of gun forums or even the Wikipedia article to verify this.
    The firearm you were referring to wasn't a Model 27.

(Westmoreland County)

Heard of a new one over the weekend. Not even sure what to call this one. The Misguided Fundie maybe? The gun show where I was displaying over the weekend, like most shows, the attendees get their hands stamped to show they had paid their admission. Well this group didn't want their hands stamped as it would constitute "The Mark Of The Beast". I'm not sure what mental theological gymnastics lead them to that conclusion. I was taking to the show promotor when the front desk people called her about this situation. She had to leave to attend to it. I'm not sure how she resolved it with these people. I'll try to find out and let you know. Inquiring minds wanna know.

Heard of a new one over the weekend. Not even sure what to call this one. The Misguided Fundie maybe? The gun show where I was displaying over the weekend, like most shows, the attendees get their hands stamped to show they had paid their admission. Well this group didn't want their hands stamped as it would constitute "The Mark Of The Beast". I'm not sure what mental theological gymnastics lead them to that conclusion. I was taking to the show promotor when the front desk people called her about this situation. She had to leave to attend to it. I'm not sure how she resolved it with these people. I'll try to find out and let you know. Inquiring minds wanna know.
    Stamp the forehead or they have to leave the premises.
    FJB

Got it, no ink on the skin. OK, here, this might sting a bit:

branding.jpg
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

I'd move that one from conspiracy to "open your eyes and it becomes clear..."

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112