Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Just noticed you can now apply for CCW permit online in Lehigh County.Approved 4/6/23

I’m extremely happy to see you can now apply for a CCW permit online in Lehigh County I’ve put off getting mines for months due to my work schedule this needs to be implemented everywhere,It’s the best and most convenient way to do it.

EDIT : just got approved today,about 4 business days for Approval Im scheduled to pickup on Tuesday
    Last edited by FatTrex; April 6th, 2023 at 07:50 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Just noticed you can now apply for CCW permit online in Lehigh County

Quote Originally Posted by FatTrex View Post
    I*m extremely happy to see you can now apply for a CCW permit online in Lehigh County I*ve put off getting mines for months due to my work schedule this needs to be implemented everywhere,It*s the best and most convenient way to do it.
    You would still need to appear in person to pick it up because your picture must be taken with the system camera and your ID read by the scanner. The law requires it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Just noticed you can now apply for CCW permit online in Lehigh County

Will I get my permit that same day I get my picture taken?
    Last edited by FatTrex; April 1st, 2023 at 04:33 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FatTrex View Post
    Will I get my permit that same day I get my picture taken?
    You do in Montco, not sure about Lehigh County.

(Berks County)

Berks allows you to apply online also, but they charge you a convenience fee, so I just opted to mail a check. (That's those paper thingies with your bank information on it that you can use to make payments.) Then they call and you make an appointment.

(Lehigh County)

I renewed mine in Lehigh county end of 2022 and I did it in person. Was super easy. I printed the form out and filled it in. Took the form and $20 to the courthouse and had no wait time. Gave the person both and she sat me down to get my pic taken. A few weeks later it came in the mail. Easiest renewal so far.

(Lehigh County)

I see that you can renew online, must you still go to the courthouse if renewed online? There is a convenience fee, but it’s worth not having to go into Allentown.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb5450 View Post
    I see that you can renew online, must you still go to the courthouse if renewed online? There is a convenience fee, but it*s worth not having to go into Allentown.
    You do to get your picture taken.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    You do to get your picture taken.
    What would be the benefit of filling the renewal out online if you have to go to the courthouse anyway?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb5450 View Post
    What would be the benefit of filling the renewal out online if you have to go to the courthouse anyway?
    In Montco, you would have to hand in the paperwork during one visit, then have to go back again for your picture. Completing the form online saves a trip to Norristown, which is worth the extra few bucks. I don't know how it works in the other counties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast