Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Just noticed you can now apply for CCW permit online in Lehigh County

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    In Montco, you would have to hand in the paperwork during one visit, then have to go back again for your picture. Completing the form online saves a trip to Norristown, which is worth the extra few bucks. I don't know how it works in the other counties.
    I'm opposed to paying extra fees, I'd go in stinky dirty and cropdust them for making me go in twice.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Just noticed you can now apply for CCW permit online in Lehigh County

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm opposed to paying extra fees, I'd go in stinky dirty and cropdust them for making me go in twice.
    I would agree if I lived in Bucks, Delco, or Chesco, but Norristown is a lot sketchier than Doylestown, Media, and wherever the courthouse is in Chester County. Reading is probably just as bad as Norristown though so I'd do it online if I was out your way.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    In Montco, you would have to hand in the paperwork during one visit, then have to go back again for your picture. Completing the form online saves a trip to Norristown, which is worth the extra few bucks. I don't know how it works in the other counties.
    This will be my first renewal. If I remember correctly, when I first applied, I handed in paperwork and got my picture all done in the same appointment in Lehigh County

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb5450 View Post
    This will be my first renewal. If I remember correctly, when I first applied, I handed in paperwork and got my picture all done in the same appointment in Lehigh County
    It used to be like that in Montco too, but it changed a few years ago. The info is probably on the county website or you could call to ask.

(Carbon County)

My County just announced (Carbon) will now allow applications online for a $5 processing fee

I see no reason to do it because you are still required to go there to finish the paperwork and get your picture taken

I just renewed mine in November and as requested in the renewal letter I made an appointment, printed the form, went there and was in and out in 20 minutes
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You would still need to appear in person to pick it up because your picture must be taken with the system camera and your ID read by the scanner. The law requires it.
    Well... not exactly:

1) There is no legal requirement that the picture must be taken with the system camera. The text of the law (§ 6109 (d)(4)) is as follows: "The sheriff shall require a photograph of the licensee on the license. The photograph shall be in a form compatible with the Commonwealth Photo Imaging Network." I assure you that they did not come up with a proprietary image format for this system - they're storing photos in some common format like .jpg or .png. There's nothing legally prohibiting the introduction of a photo from some means other than the system camera... just technical expertise and/or a lack of willingness to establish other means on part of the sheriffs.

2) I can't find any legal requirements relating to having your ID read by a scanner. I also don't recall ever having my ID read by a scanner. Can you point me towards any such legal requirements?

(Lehigh County)

When I applied they asked me to upload pictures of my ID both front and back into their system and they asked me for all the information & questions usually seen on a 4473

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12