Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: THE OAKS - March 31, April 1 & 2 - Eagle Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Czech or Ginex on the primers? I hear tale that the Czech ones are a little on the large side and they enlarge the primer pocket so other primes will no longer stay put in there.
    I'm 90% certain they were the Ginex primers.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Chester County)

I went today. It was an OK show but I didn't end up buying anything. I'm into milsurps and antiques and didn't find anything of interest in that department, at least not in my price range. Guess I'll save my cash for next time.

(Philadelphia County)

I went up there this morning. Usual stuff, cheap pistols and having to stifle laughter hearing salesmen doing their jobs and trying to sell Taurus guns to people. Did see an 1892 Berthier carbine for a good price, but I wound up walking out with an M1 Garand. Ran over to get some pretzels at the Lancaster Farmers Market in Wayne/Devon, then got a HO locomotive at Nicholas Smith in Broomall.

No offense to anybody with my joke about Taurus pistols. I sold two of those when I helped out a buddy at one of these shows lol.

(Philadelphia County)

I went up there this morning. Usual stuff, cheap pistols and having to stifle laughter hearing salesmen doing their jobs and trying to sell Taurus guns to people. Did see an 1892 Berthier carbine for a good price, but I wound up walking out with an M1 Garand. Ran over to get some pretzels at the Lancaster Farmers Market in Wayne/Devon, then got a HO locomotive at Nicholas Smith in Broomall.

No offense to anybody with my joke about Taurus pistols. I sold two of those when I helped out a buddy at one of these shows lol.

(Chester County)

I bought a morale patch for a coworker and some pickles. I didn*t find the ifak pouch I wanted or double horizontal slim mag pouch for my duty belt. No biggie, I all ready have links saved on my phone to those items. Overall, I didn*t care for this show. The prices on handguns were all over the place. I did not really bother looking at rifle prices.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

Spent my usual hour at the show. Went mostly looking for some 32 acp ammo. Prices were all over the place, and none were cheap. Everybody thinks price rises were just a blip and they are bound to come down. Not so. Looks like we are settling down on $5 22LR a boxe and $30 box of 45s. 32s prices were all over the price, from $26 to $40 a box, but mostly $30. 32s cost as much as 45s. Online prices aren't exactly cheaper. The exact box of PMCs in 32 cost $35 online and that is before shipping. Anyway picked up two boxes. I am telling you shooting has become an expensive sport. It takes just a few minutes to empty a box. May be that's the idea after all. I also picked up some beef jerkies for $25 for half a pound. That's steak territory. The halls were nice and cool and crowds moderate. Overheard some vendors not happy about attendance but you always have that. Guns have become so utilitarian. How many plastic black guns do you need? No character at all. Give me wood and blued steel any day. There were some gun tables where people lining up to buy. Looked like they were giving away guns. You don't see that very often. I had plucked down$95 when I stepped out.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Spent my usual hour at the show. Went mostly looking for some 32 acp ammo. Prices were all over the place, and none were cheap. Everybody thinks price rises were just a blip and they are bound to come down. Not so. Looks like we are settling down on $5 22LR a boxe and $30 box of 45s. 32s prices were all over the price, from $26 to $40 a box, but mostly $30. 32s cost as much as 45s. Online prices aren't exactly cheaper. The exact box of PMCs in 32 cost $35 online and that is before shipping. Anyway picked up two boxes. I am telling you shooting has become an expensive sport. It takes just a few minutes to empty a box. May be that's the idea after all. I also picked up some beef jerkies for $25 for half a pound. That's steak territory. The halls were nice and cool and crowds moderate. Overheard some vendors not happy about attendance but you always have that. Guns have become so utilitarian. How many plastic black guns do you need? No character at all. Give me wood and blued steel any day. There were some gun tables where people lining up to buy. Looked like they were giving away guns. You don't see that very often. I had plucked down$95 when I stepped out.

.32ACP JHP @ $19.95 per 50rds:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/prvi...71grn-50rd-box

(Montgomery County)

Thanks 42. I did see that brand at the show. I suspect by the time you add taxes and shipping, it will be close to $58 that I paid.

(Monroe County)

I thought it was a decent show, but didn't go to try to find anything in particular besides 26.5mm flares which are unfortunately getting harder to find and much more expensive. Some okay deals at vendor tables, but as usual the best deals (and occasionally the worst deals) were guys walking around with personal stuff for sale. Did see that a vendor had an FNC which was neat, it was tucked away in the middle hall.

(Montgomery County)

I went there on Friday at around 1:30. I didn't mind the $15 considering that I was looking for a specific pistol and found it for a good price. The ammo prices seem to be climbing at this show, not sure if it's because they charge the vendors more or not. I only picked up ammo since a couple of friends wanted to split some cases that too high. I'll probably be skipping the next few shows, unless another pistol comes around that I can't find locally.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234