Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 3am rants

(Delaware County)

Angry 3am rants

Ok y’all, rant time.

I am a proud, vocal member of the 2A community, and I don’t want to give the other side any ammunition to use against us, but 2 things in particular lately have been getting on my last nerve. I know the internet is far from private, but I have very little face-to-face opportunity with my like-minded compatriots, so here I am.

First, the JR-15 by Wee1 Tactical. Wee1 is being excoriated for ‘marketing to children’ while respondents are saying it’s marketed to parents who want to teach their children. While I believe that they are marketing to parents, I grew up glued to the television and I know that even marketing for the parents can be viewed by children enough that they go ape-$#!% begging for it. Saying that Wee1 is *only* marketing to parents seems (to me) to be just a bit disingenuous, but I would not want to give that impression to the anti’s. /r1

I can’t be the only one who dreads the first 5-10 minutes of the 11 o’clock news. It seems like almost every day they are reporting on one or more shooting incidents, and presenting them with some kind of debunked narrative or other. The only person who can hear me vent back at the language in real time is Mom. At 79, she prefers to wear blinders to the ills of today and live in the idyllic memories of the ‘50s and ‘60s, not as a dementia thing, but as an intentional way to not deal. However, as the one who goes out in public for shopping or whatnot, I need to be prepared for what evil lurks in the hearts of men. Correcting the media’s language can only go so far in dealing with the madness. It seems that shootings are becoming more frequent, more brazen, and more deadly. How do I maintain positivity towards 2A when interacting with non-gunners under these conditions? /r2

Apologies if this rambles. I’m awake with literal heartburn at 3am.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: 3am rants

I only watch the Channel 69 local news when eating dinner. That's about all I can handle from our current MSM.
    NRA Life Member

(Berks County)

I'm a little disappointed. You have a lot of practice to catch up to rant level of free...

That said, who cares who 'they' think a company is marketing to? 'They' don't seem to care too much about marketing Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto, which many, many children play. Rated for teens or adults? Guess who buys it for their kids?

Same for vehicles and countless other 'things.'

It IS frustrating though.

(Berks County)

I just wanna kill

Gender confusion is a mental illness

I OPEN CARRY MY BIG GUN JUST SO I CAN BE LIKE THE OTHER IDIOTS ON HERE...

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    How do I maintain positivity towards 2A when interacting with non-gunners under these conditions? /r2
    The other person has to want the conversation. Don't force your views on other people.

If they want to talk about it, you have to lead them to the conclusion that they are responsible for their safety and they should look into getting a tool for that. You can provide helpful information on how to go about that. Just telling them they HAVE to get a gun, they HAVE to learn how to use it, they HAVE to carry it all the time, is usually not well received.

It's highly unlikely you're going to have a positive conversation about gun rights with someone who is anti-gun and is currently living with the fear of increasing gun violence or has been affected by gun violence. Don't waste your time unless you have a high level of emotional awareness and are ready to navigate some deep levels of fear and trauma.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Philadelphia County)

I have no idea who Whee1 Tactical is.

But on your 2nd Rant I can relate. I try not to watch the news anymore. Not because of the violence, I work everyday with that, but because of their slant and how they portray it.

Then I get to see all of the anti violence protests and prayer groups and balloon releases for those killed and have to listen to nonsensical politicians, lawyers and police brass who will not admit what the problem is, but advocate for more gun laws that only affect the law abiding citizens.

I realize I can only personally protect my family and close friends and try not to dwell on the things I can not change.

I had to look up the Wee-1 JR-15. It's a .22 cal rifle with 5 or 10 round mags. No wee kids can buy one, there are no toddlers lining up to fill out 4473's. It's like a .22 Chipmunk rifle, in black dress-up.

The fact that the anti-gun loons are outraged about this, tells me we have to support it. The Left wants to brainwash kids today, so that the Left wins their fascist goals in 20 years. To the Left, they really don't want young adults saying "there's no reason to ban AR-15's, I had a similar gun that dad let me use when I was 10." The Left wants everything they hate to be evil, demonized, marginalized & banned. Including the PAFOA site. You don't think there are Woke think tanks plotting how to get us cancelled here? People talking about GUNS where any child could see . . . .

I'm against having unsupervised toddlers around .50 BMG rifles, or unsteady Minigun triple mounts, or near people backing up cars or mowing lawns or training dogs. That's why parents are supposed to work in pairs, so somebody's keeping an eye on the little monsters all the time. We need more common sense, and less one-size-fits-all top-down centralized rules.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

You have to remember about the press, the corporate marxist press, are the same ones that show in a positive light pedophile men dressed in clown get ups reading sex stories to innocent children at libraries and schools. I take nothing that is reported by them as the truth or moral.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC