Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: June 12, 2023 United We Stand 2nd A HBG rally under new leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Actually, they can amount to quite a lot, provided enough motivated, articulate people show up.

The last time that I was able to make it was when "Stand Your Ground" was proposed. The group of us who went knocking on doors ended up with a surprising number of reps co-sponsoring/voting for SYG. I'd call that positive, even if you don't. Just showing up and waving signs doesn't do shit. You have to be willing to knock on doors and have polite, meaningful conversations.
    Ungawa would go visit the antis. I ended up tagging along with his group the first year that I went. We hardly ever ran into reps because they would be in session after the rally, but he would give whoever was left to watch their office an earful. Most would seem to feel uncomfortable by our presence while some would sort of be receptive to opinions. It seemed to be somewhat effective in my humble opinion.

Pro 2a reps offices would also be visited. If you hurry, you can catch the rep before they go into session. If we missed them we would leave a message thanking them for supporting 2a rights. Most times pleasant conversations with their staff would take place.

(Berks County)

If I had known that ceasefire was running busses, I would have booked a couple of seats again just to leave them go empty.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

A few quick notes from today:

1) The room was packed with orange; it was nothing but a leftist dog and pony show. they bussed in a bunch of white senior citizens from the ritzy sections of Eastern PA and gave them each a shirt. I would be willing to bet most of the guys had soft hands and pee sitting down.

2) I stood dead center in the back of the room, along with our state GOA rep (she) and another 2A gent. I held my sign where every one of the committee members could read it. It was clear who the democrats were in the room just watching their faces. I stayed for 2 hours, but had to leave or get a parking ticket as the third flight of teary eyed anti-gunners took the stand.

3) Liberalism is a disease, and ceasefire proved it once again. They see a sign they disagree with, and they can't control themselves. Aside from all the nasty remarks as some left the room, I actually had one old guy who hit my sign and tried to grab it, in the middle of the meeting! I didn't say a word and held my sign and my ground, but another five seconds of his crap and he may have been spitting teeth.

4) The left stands on these single personal stories about bad people doing bad things with firearms. For example, the ADA from Chesco mentioned an 18 year old who bought a straw purchased handgun... bam, two felonies right there. Were they both prosecuted?

5) Reps Kauffman, Rowe, and Leadbeter are still giving it an honest effort to show the gaps in the anti-gun argument, and there were tons of them!

6) watch out for Rabb, he's a philly snake who's not afraid to play the race card, even when there's nothing there. He's also a lying sack of S&*%. He got all uptight with my sign and said, "we are not trying to take your guns". Sure you're not, so why did you co-sponsor HB 336 that bans all semiautomatic rifles?

Enough of this thread derailment! What I learned today is that we all need to attend the 2A rally in June, if for no other reason than to show the good lawmakers we still stand behind them.

P.S. As in years past there will be a PAFOA after party that afternoon to mingle, share ideas, and unwind.

P.P.S the Capitol Police were as professional as ever. You will never hear me say a bad word about the way they conduct themselves.
    Last edited by Jhaydeno; March 23rd, 2023 at 08:27 PM.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    A few quick notes from today:

1) The room was packed with orange; it was nothing but a leftist dog and pony show. they bussed in a bunch of white senior citizens from the ritzy sections of Eastern PA and gave them each a shirt. I would be willing to bet most of the guys had soft hands and pee sitting down.

2) I stood dead center in the back of the room, along with our state GOA rep (she) and another 2A gent. I held my sign where every one of the committee members could read it. It was clear who the democrats were in the room just watching their faces. I stayed for 2 hours, but had to leave or get a parking ticket as the third flight of teary eyed anti-gunners took the stand.

3) Liberalism is a disease, and ceasefire proved it once again. They see a sign they disagree with, and they can't control themselves. Aside from all the nasty remarks as some left the room, I actually had one old guy who hit my sign and tried to grab it, in the middle of the meeting! I didn't say a word and held my sign and my ground, but another five seconds of his crap and he may have been spitting teeth.

4) The left stands on these single personal stories about bad people doing bad things with firearms. For example, the ADA from Chesco mentioned an 18 year old who bought a straw purchased handgun... bam, two felonies right there. Were they both prosecuted?

5) Reps Kauffman, Rowe, and Leadbeter are still giving it an honest effort to show the gaps in the anti-gun argument, and their were tons of them!

6) watch out for Rabb, he's a philly snake who's not afraid to play the race card, even when there's nothing there. He's also a lying sack of S&*%. He got all uptight with my sign and said, "we are not trying to take your guns". Sure you're not, so why did you co-sponsor HB 336 that bans all semiautomatic rifles?

Enough of this thread derailment! What I learned today is that we all need to attend the 2A rally in June, if for no other reason than to show the good lawmakers we still stand behind them.

P.S. As in years past there will be a PAFOA after party that afternoon to mingle, share ideas, and unwind.

P.P.S the Capitol Police were as professional as ever. You will never hear me say a bad word about the way they conduct themselves.
    Kinda what I figured. I'm sorry I couldn't join you, I didn't hit the Harrisburg area until @2pm. I will be there in June, if not sooner. We need to get a mole on the inside of this shit. They knew this was coming for months and we barely had 24 hours notice. Give it even 3-4 days and we could probably muster a few to go.

(Pike County)

Please add me to the list, it*s been too long and I need to get back out there supporting our rights. Will this thread be where we communicate for the meet up?
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Chester County)

Bump to ask again - is there any online source of information about this rally besides this thread? I want to start doing some things to try to drive attendance but with only a flyer and no online presence it's going to be difficult.

The left out-organizes us constantly on basically everything. I know in years past there was a website with info about the rally and even info about what groups were running busses to the rally - who was putting that up?

(Berks County)

What do yinz expect to accomplish from this?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The same thing that calling and writing your representatives does. It puts them on notice, and makes your voice heard.

In the grand scheme of things, probably nothing unfortunately.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Chester County)

I don't have super high expectations, but I think a few valuable things can come from it:

Networking among pro-2A people who normally would not meet

Practice at grassroots activity

Let pro-2A, and squishy, representatives (particularly Senators) see that somebody real has their back on the 2A side when the Dems bring the pressure to pass bad stuff.

ETA: I do agree that this will be a mostly fruitless effort if there is no attempt to organize and get the word out on our side - and no, a facebook page and a flyer don't count. I'm not even clear on who actually decided to have this rally, or what the intended purpose is, which is a big problem. I'm hoping we can change that.
    Last edited by ar15_shooter; April 28th, 2023 at 11:00 AM.

(Bucks County)

I guess it will be good to regroup---it's been a while. Also it would be nice to put the face with the name and so forth. However, this time I'm standing outside because i believe changing public opinion is far more important or advantageous than trying to convince Marxists that have been put in office. However, if we could get 5000 people or more it would speak volumes!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast