Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: June 12, 2023 United We Stand 2nd A HBG rally under new leadership

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Yep, that was when we had our troubles with a certain someone yelling back at ceasefire.

My work schedule doesn't look promising, but I'll see how it pans out. I'll throw my "I'm 2a and I vote shirt" in my work bag anyway, just in case.
    If you are able to go it's probably a good idea - if only to have a few pro-2a people in the audience for optics. FOAC sent out an email tonight asking for attendees. Sounds like this hearing was intentionally sprung on us last minute.
    The chair (Rep Tim Briggs) tweeted that they will be hearing from victims, healthcare providers, and law enforcement. I'm assuming all the speakers will be anti-2A.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    If you are able to go it's probably a good idea - if only to have a few pro-2a people in the audience for optics. FOAC sent out an email tonight asking for attendees. Sounds like this hearing was intentionally sprung on us last minute.
    The chair (Rep Tim Briggs) tweeted that they will be hearing from victims, healthcare providers, and law enforcement. I'm assuming all the speakers will be anti-2A.
    I wonder if it will be the same two ***** from Temple that they had last time and if Art Haywood will ask the same stupid questions he did last time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

I'll try and make it. They need some heckling.

Will they let posters in the gallery of the hearing room? I know exactly which one I'm taking!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    So...I can't resist asking...what does anyone think they're going to accomplish by doing this?
    Actually, they can amount to quite a lot, provided enough motivated, articulate people show up.

The last time that I was able to make it was when "Stand Your Ground" was proposed. The group of us who went knocking on doors ended up with a surprising number of reps co-sponsoring/voting for SYG. I'd call that positive, even if you don't. Just showing up and waving signs doesn't do shit. You have to be willing to knock on doors and have polite, meaningful conversations.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I'll try and make it. They need some heckling.

Will they let posters in the gallery of the hearing room? I know exactly which one I'm taking!
    Pm inbound.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    But they should? If you don't care enough, why should the reps? That's the way they look at it.
    It's not the same comparison, you're talking free time vs free time + vacation time. Not only would I be giving up my free time I'm also giving up vacation time. Asking them to work a Saturday is asking them to give up some of their free time but they aren't spending their vacation time to do it.

(Lancaster County)

We looked last night to see what it would take for us to bring the food trailer up. We'd need at least 3 separate licenses/permits and their associated fees, which aren't published. Harrisburg city polices aren't food truck friendly, and I'm sure that's due to lobbying from the B&M restaurants.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    It's not the same comparison, you're talking free time vs free time + vacation time. Not only would I be giving up my free time I'm also giving up vacation time. Asking them to work a Saturday is asking them to give up some of their free time but they aren't spending their vacation time to do it.
    It isn't about meeting the reps who are organizing the event - it's about going in and meeting *your* rep to let them know in person your thoughts on 2A issues.
    Most of them, especially anti-2A reps are not going to go to work on a Saturday for a meeting. It's just what it is.
    Definitely reach out to your rep/senator and invite them to the rally though. They might come.

(York County)

Capitol update: lots of ceasefire bussed in from Philly. While waiting to enter I declared my firearm for storage, and they looked at me like I had three heads. Fuck *Um. I brought the good sign!
    Last edited by Jhaydeno; March 23rd, 2023 at 05:11 PM.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Capitol update: lots of ceasefire bussed in from Philly. While waiting to enter I declared my firearm for storage, and they looked at me like I had three heads. Fuck *Um. I brought the food sign!
    Thanks for going! I figured that would be the case with the bussed in supporters - they are going hard for everything this time.
    Who knows - if they can create enough of an image of public support they might get enough Rs to cave.

How's it looking for numbers on the 2A side? Hoping we got at least a few haha.

I wonder how they had time to organize like that, and we did not? Either they got secret advance notice or our side was sleeping.

Edit - Just did a little looking. ceasefire posted about this on their website back on the 16th, so it was known in advance. They also state it coincides with the annual march for our lives rally in harrisburg, so it seems it was timed specifically to allow them to maximize their presence.

Question for all of us: why did we not know, and why did the gun rights orgs seemingly not know until yesterday?

Edit2 - I also encourage you to look through ceasefirepa's website and see how well organized and focused they are - just on getting more gun laws in PA. What are we doing that's anywhere close to that level of organization?
    Last edited by ar15_shooter; March 23rd, 2023 at 01:54 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast