Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Question Low optic mount options for PS90?

I know about Tros & Design Machine. Sadly, DM is out of stock on what I wanted to go with. Tros uses the mini-acog (Same as Primary Arms). However, I mocked up my PA 3x micro prism and the eye relief is just terrible as it's too far away on the PS90.

So I guess I will have to go with something like a Romeo 5 and a micro magnifier, once DM has the magnifier flip mount back in stock.

Are there any other companies that made a quality low mount to accommodate for the PS90?

Default Re: Low optic mount options for PS90?

Yep, but you've got to pay to play - Dorin Technologies XF50 (formerly the EFFEN 90) PS90 receiver.

XF50_Slick.jpg

What's the purpose/need for a magnified optic on a PS90? 5.7x28 is really only effective inside 200yds. You can achieve that with just about any red dot. I have a Meprolight M21 on mine and I have no problems making effective 100 and 200 yard shots. Thing is, I have zero intention of ever using it at that range. It's a CQB rifle, best suited for close range. There are much better options out there for anything beyond 50yds.
    Last edited by Ronin; March 15th, 2023 at 09:47 AM.

I took a 1" aluminum square bar and cut it off at about 3", milled the bottom as it's narrower there, then drilled some holes. I took off the pic rail mount off a holosun 510 and flush mounted it. This lowers the optic by about 1.5" and brings it to a much more comfortable level.

And ps90 I can't imagine using for anything other than close quarters. I would want an AR if I were going outside.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I took a 1" aluminum square bar and cut it off at about 3", milled the bottom as it's narrower there, then drilled some holes. I took off the pic rail mount off a holosun 510 and flush mounted it. This lowers the optic by about 1.5" and brings it to a much more comfortable level.

And ps90 I can't imagine using for anything other than close quarters. I would want an AR if I were going outside.

Nice work. Mine is just a range toy

(Lancaster County)

I ordered a TROS mount

Not sure why you're having problems with eye relief using a PA Micro Prism on the PS90. I tired both a 1x and 3x on my tri-rail and the eye relief is fine. Buffman RANGE has a Design Machine low mount on one of his PS90 SBRs with a PA prism and his is further forward than my test and he seems to be able to see OK.

The whole video is worth the watch, but the PS90 SBR shows up around the 7:50 mark.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Not sure why you're having problems with eye relief using a PA Micro Prism on the PS90. I tired both a 1x and 3x on my tri-rail and the eye relief is fine. Buffman RANGE has a Design Machine low mount on one of his PS90 SBRs with a PA prism and his is further forward than my test and he seems to be able to see OK.

The whole video is worth the watch, but the PS90 SBR shows up around the 7:50 mark.

Unless I smashed my face way up there on the mag, the sight picture was junk. YMMV. I'll be using a1x