Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Best Trigger for Gen3 G19, Dagger, etc?

Hey guys, I was curious if any of you have found a trigger that you really like for these platforms. I've already tried the PSA trigger, the Shadow Systems trigger, and the Apex trigger, but I honestly haven't been thrilled with any of them. I've also tried the 3.5lb Ghost connector with all of them as well. It's not so much a super light trigger that I'm looking for, but one that breaks cleanly. Perhaps my expectations are unrealistically high, but it's pretty frustrating to not find a trigger for these platforms without noticeable creep. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Best Trigger for Gen3 G19, Dagger, etc?

Not sure if this helps, but I have an Overwatch Precision polymer trigger in my G19.3 and like it a lot. I really haven't tried more than one or two friends guns with aftermarket triggers, so my opinion might be worthless.

I bought a used G17 years ago that had the factory minus connector with all trigger parts polished. I changed it immediately after a range session because it was far too light for me. Take that however you want.

(Cumberland County)

Jmo, if you are expecting a (match) type trigger in a striker fired pistol your expectations are unreasonable. The mechanics on how these triggers work do not support these types of results. I*ve been a Glock owner and armorer for years and have tried many ways to achieve a ideal trigger. My personal favorite for carry purposes is a 3.5 connector and a polish job on the other components. I do not swap out the springs with lighter aftermarket options. For reliability and overall trigger feel this is as far as I go. I have and can for target use install aftermarket items to smooth out trigger pull but it compromises reliability to a point carry is not a option. I have found frequent shooting with focus on technique will get you to the point you will feel comfortable with what your trigger does. Will it be like a match grade 1911? No. Serviceable for carry and general target shooting, yes. Like most things you can*t always make it what it isn*t.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the response, truthfully, the Apex trigger kit in my M&P is outstanding, to the point that it's honestly better than any 1911 trigger I've felt below the Dan Wesson price point. I figured that if Apex could deliver on the M&P, it was a surefire bet in this platform as well, but that unfortunately wasn't the case. I'm by no means an armorer, but I'm guessing that the physical linkage in the Glock trigger system is much more difficult to design a crisp trigger pull with. This pistol wouldn't be for carry, but I still wouldn't want the pull below 3.5 lbs. I know that ZEV sells an outrageously expensive trigger kit for this platform, but I've never tried one or even know someone that has one. I'll probably have to do more research into the offerings from Overwatch, Timney, ZEV, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    Jmo, if you are expecting a (match) type trigger in a striker fired pistol your expectations are unreasonable. The mechanics on how these triggers work do not support these types of results. I*ve been a Glock owner and armorer for years and have tried many ways to achieve a ideal trigger. My personal favorite for carry purposes is a 3.5 connector and a polish job on the other components. I do not swap out the springs with lighter aftermarket options. For reliability and overall trigger feel this is as far as I go. I have and can for target use install aftermarket items to smooth out trigger pull but it compromises reliability to a point carry is not a option. I have found frequent shooting with focus on technique will get you to the point you will feel comfortable with what your trigger does. Will it be like a match grade 1911? No. Serviceable for carry and general target shooting, yes. Like most things you can*t always make it what it isn*t.

(Delaware County)

I have an Overwatch precision trigger on my G19 as well. It's fantastic.