Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Got a fine shooting at SGL range

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    2.) Why should I have to pay hundreds of dollars of year to join a private range instead of the public one for $35, out of fear that some a-hole wannabe cop Game Warden wants to fabricate and "enforce" his own rules?
    So that you don't get some bullshit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    So that you don't get some bullshit fine.
    By that logic, I should pay an Uber to go everywhere, so that a [real] cop can't possibly ticket me for a contrived offense.

(Bucks County)

I got a $75 dollar fine for having more than three rounds in a gun. It was a K98 assault rifle. I was with my dad who was about 70 at the time.

Bunny cop was extremely belligerent and condescending. I never gave him any lip, or reason to be. Dad was looking at the him with his mouth hanging open. He couldn't believe how he was acting.

He made me walk over to the posted range regulations sign, and read it out loud. Told me that gang bangers come over from Allentown and shoot TVs with pistol and assault rifle mag dumps.

While he was jotting down the serial numbers of all my guns, and writing my summons, I was giving him the dual middle fingers, three inches behind his head. I alternated with the international hand sign for blowjobs. It made me feel a little bit better. Dad tried hard to keep a straight face.

I am therefore eliminated from the jury pool.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    He made me walk over to the posted range regulations sign, and read it out loud. Told me that gang bangers come over from Allentown and shoot TVs with pistol and assault rifle mag dumps.
    Last time I was at Jim Thorpe SGL, some local told he was shooting a few weekends prior and there were bunch of gangbangers not paying any attention to the 6 round rule. Warden pulls in and watches. Local guy walks over and asks the warden if he's going to do anything about the gangbangers. "What do you want me to do? I'm just one guy!" Warden then rolls up the window and leaves.

Pretty sure their MO is to only give citations to people they know will go peaceably along with it (aka white people).

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    By that logic, I should pay an Uber to go everywhere, so that a [real] cop can't possibly ticket me for a contrived offense.
    That's certainly one strategy.

(Allegheny County)

I got a $75 dollar fine for having more than three rounds in a gun. It was a K98 assault rifle. I was with my dad who was about 70 at the time.

Bunny cop was extremely belligerent and condescending. I never gave him any lip, or reason to be. Dad was looking at the him with his mouth hanging open. He couldn't believe how he was acting.

While he was jotting down the serial numbers of all my guns, and writing my summons, I was giving him the dual middle fingers, three inches behind his head. I alternated with the international hand sign for blowjobs. It made me feel a little bit better. Dad tried hard to keep a straight face.

I am therefore eliminated from the jury pool.
    What is the international sign for blowjobs?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    What is the international sign for blowjobs?
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Allegheny County)

Hand wave?

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    Im pretty sure it would have to be a misdemeanor (and only certain ones) to have that effect.
    Which range were you at?
    I will have to review the SGL regs to see if it is an offense to have a firearm closer to the target than the shooting station. I have been to multiple ranges and have not had that happen to me.
    At the Erie SGL range, you sure as hell better take your gun downrange with you, especially if you are shooting 100 yd targets. The warden will even tell you that. That wasn't what he was charged with. He must have not been using a bench. Either behind one, or in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    At the Erie SGL range, you sure as hell better take your gun downrange with you, especially if you are shooting 100 yd targets. The warden will even tell you that. That wasn't what he was charged with. He must have not been using a bench. Either behind one, or in front of them.

Is it a violation to shoot standing next to the bench? The regulation does not say sitting at the bench is required. Inquiring minds want to know.

"(1) Discharge a firearm from any location on the range other than an established shooting station on the firing line. "

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast