Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: VISA / MC pause tracking of gun sales

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    .270 is not a commonly-available caliber, nor one I have stocked. Thanks, I'll pass

"Amateurs talk strategy, professionals talk logistics."
    I'll probably end up giving it away. Kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I'll probably end up giving it away. Kinda sucks.
    That's silly, my former best friend loves .270. Lots of other guys do, too. I'm sure you can sell it.

(Allegheny County)

That's silly, my former best friend loves .270. Lots of other guys do, too. I'm sure you can sell it.
    See....now....I dunno how to say this....but like "ginormous", "give it away" can be used as a form of hyperbole. In this case, to sell something for so cheap, it seems or feels like giving it away, not LITERALLY give it away.

So when I say I will probably end up "giving it away", it means I will probably end up selling it for not much money.

It's a very common figure of speech, not my own invention or anything (;

As I said, "Amateurs talk strategy, professionals talk logistics." Not my fault you bought a gun in a non-commonly available caliber and did not stock it deep. But there's an ass for every seat....in this case, those that don't believe in logistics, or do not worry about such.

(Allegheny County)

As I said, "Amateurs talk strategy, professionals talk logistics." Not my fault you bought a gun in a non-commonly available caliber and did not stock it deep. But there's an ass for every seat....in this case, those that don't believe in logistics, or do not worry about such.
    See, there you go with your assumptions (;

I didn't buy this gun. My father did. He gave it to me long, long ago when I was a child.

I had no use for it then. I have no use for it now. I've never fired it. I held on to it while he was alive, out of respect. Now he is gone and I would like the rifle to be gone as well.

What he SHOULD have done is put that money into an S&P 500 fund and give me that. It would have been worth a lot more today than the rifle is. Alas, he wasn't that smart with money and decision-making in general.
    Last edited by free; March 11th, 2023 at 01:40 AM.

See, there you go with your assumptions (;

I didn't buy this gun. My father did. He gave it to me long, long ago when I was 13 years old.
    Well, let me throw a pity party that you can't make big bucks over a gun your father (RIP) paid for. I have stuff far more useless than a .270 that a deceased parent gave me, and I'm not bitching about it. I can't even throw it out. Keep it and give it to your children as an heirloom, seriously. They will treasure it, seriously. I have rusty flaming POS guns (definitely not .270s) from my grandpa that I won't part with. Just stop, you're making an ass of yourself, and it's below your level of intelligence.

(Allegheny County)

Well, let me throw a pity party that you can't make big bucks over a gun your father (RIP) paid for. I have stuff far more useless than a .270 that a deceased parent gave me, and I'm not bitching about it. I can't even throw it out. Keep it and give it to your children as an heirloom, seriously. They will treasure it, seriously. I have rusty flaming POS guns (definitely not .270s) from my grandpa that I won't part with. Just stop, you're making an ass of yourself, and it's below your level of intelligence.
    I realize that you will find an excuse to find fault with anything say. It's ok (;

Keep it and give it to your children as an heirloom, seriously.
    Yeah. Give a child something that they have no use for and saddle them with keeping it around forever, "just because". Just what my dad did. Fuck that. I'm going to sell it and drop the money in a 529 plan. That will have FAR more utility and value.

I have plenty of other shit I can give my offspring and saddle them with keeping around forever "just because" (;

I realize that you will find an excuse to find fault with anything say. It's ok
    (;
    I will let you have the last word on this. You're too immature for anything else, and IDGAF. C'est la vie.

(Allegheny County)

I will let you have the last word on this. You're too immature for anything else, and IDGAF. C'est la vie.
    Mature enough that I don't need to cast insults at people (;

Mature enough that I don't need to cast insults at people (;
    No, you throw a lot of insults around at other people. Don't pretend like you take the high road. Just stop.

Edit: This has become a seriously off-topic purse-swinging match (partially my fault, my apologies to membership for my part).
    Last edited by ShadeRabbit; March 11th, 2023 at 09:04 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456