Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: PA-"Faith" group asks legislators to take up gun reform measures

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    Pray away 2 A ?
    No. These left leaning denominations will use the power of the Democrat controlled state House.
    Here we go again with me ranting on the Presbyterian Church USA. /sigh/

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    No. These left leaning denominations will use the power of the Democrat controlled state House.
    Here we go again with me ranting on the Presbyterian Church USA. /sigh/
    Well, in this case it's the Episcopal Church.

I don't really care which Church it is or what side of any particular issue said Church is n. The Church should stay the F out of state matters.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    The Church should stay the F out of state matters.
    Can I get an "amen?!!"
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(York County)

"Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    The Church should stay the F out of state matters."

And when they don't, they should have their tax exempt status revoked.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    Where*s Scruff? He can lead the *faith* based pro gun group to counter this *faith* based anti gun group*
    Personal attacks are not welcome on this site. Whether you like his beliefs, or not, you do not get to attack him and then walk away laughing it off as a joke.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Can I get an "amen?!!"
    *Congress shall make no law respecting any religion* is, I believe, what our Constitution has to say about that. I*m neither a lawyer, or highly educated, but to me that means Congress should stay out of the Church. It doesn*t, again, my view, mean Church shouldn*t have a hand or voice in government .
    That said, I believe a number of main stream denominations have strayed wildly from Biblical teachings and are not capable of providing good solid Biblical leadership.
    I think we*d be better served praying that God Almighty puts His Hands on our government, than to allow a female, lesbian*priestess* to speak to government on our behalf.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    Where*s Scruff? He can lead the *faith* based pro gun group to counter this *faith* based anti gun group*
    Often "religion" has nothing to do with God's word. I believe that "Turn the other cheek" means forgive an offense against you, don't get offended or seek revenge. It doesn't mean give up and die at the hands of an assailant.

Every person and church that I know that believe in the scriptures and nothing else believe the same thing: Love your enemies, but don't let them slaughter you or your family. I know there's a lot of firepower in my church.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Often "religion" has nothing to do with God's word. I believe that "Turn the other cheek" means forgive an offense against you, don't get offended or seek revenge. It doesn't mean give up and die at the hands of an assailant.

Every person and church that I know that believe in the scriptures and nothing else believe the same thing: Love your enemies, but don't let them slaughter you or your family. I know there's a lot of firepower in my church.
    Correct. Also it means "not to kick them while they're down". I pray daily for people that despise me---especially some of my In-Laws and Co-workers. Why?
    #1---That's what Christ calls us to do (obedience)
    #2---It keeps you from being bitter and seeking revenge.
    #3---It keeps you from turning into a bitter and angry person that causes you to become alienated from Christ.

These people seeking to ram through anti-gun bills are not at all Christians----they're just using Christianity as a "means" or "optics" to sway public opinion to push through illegal laws. It's evil, disingenuous and will be stopped.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12