Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default 😔 'You've got to move': Pa. taking dozens of York County properties in I-83 project

Giving them the 👢 YORK COUNTY, Pa. — Busy days on the roadways are putting homes on the chopping block in York County. Renderings from PennDOT lay out the plans for I-83's Market Street Exit.

PennDOT said more lanes on the highway, a new on-ramp for the north bound lanes and wider off-ramps will help traffic flow.

https://www.fox43.com/amp/article/ne...d-81c5fde51db0

Default Re: 😔 'You've got to move': Pa. taking dozens of York County properties in I-83 proje

I hope they're getting top tier inflation bucks for their land.

Default Re: 😔 'You've got to move': Pa. taking dozens of York County properties in I-83 proje

I don't think that multi-year road expansion plans ever ease traffic congestion, mostly because once the plans are announced, developers immediately build housing developments & business parks to take advantage of the projected capacity. Private developers are faster and more efficient, so by the time the road expansion is done, the traffic already exists to fill it up.

It makes no sense to have high-density urban commercial areas any more, not with telecommuting and e-business, emails and texts, faxes & overnight mail services. Erecting 30-story buildings on 2-block square lots that have inadequate parking and crappy public transit, is stupid. Cities should spread out, so that the worker capacity is matched by nearby parking or bus or train station capacity.

What sense does it make to put the national HQ of Walmart or Target or Nationwide Insurance in the middle of a city where the throngs of people nearby don't do business with the HQ, and the commuters working there get no benefit from the urban setting? Stick those businesses out in the suburbs, or better yet, start some new business complex out in farming country off an interstate.

The few exceptions are things like law firms that do most of their business in the same court house. They save travel time for all the hearings & conferences every day. But why would a bank need to bring commuters downtown every day to some random monstrosity that's not close to anything in particular except other commuter nodes, like a Bug Light drawing in mosquitoes? Bank employees are mostly processing what they see on their computer screens, they aren't walking bags of cash around town.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.