Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: IWB vs. OWB Carry

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Since I had a bowel resection in 2017 and have scar tissue on my belt line, it is uncomfortable to cinch a belt down tight. These days if I'm not pocket carrying an LCP, I use Perry suspenders to backup my belt for IWB or OWB carry. The hooks of Perry's hook under the belt front and back, they're widely available and can be had inexpensively.
    I have skin issues in my waist line as well, I cant wear a belt at all. I started using these a few years ago, they are called Hold ups.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12...g?v=1650419087
    IANAL

I've tried many IWB holsters over the years, and I don't care what they say. I've never found sticking a gun & holster inside my belt line, then cinching the belt down to be comfortable. I have a Milt Sparks VM-2 for my G-19 that's tolerable, but I carry OWB 90% of the time. A loose t-shirt in the Summer or an untucked flannel shirt in the Winter covers everything nicely. I find that dark colors work best for concealment.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Delaware County)

I tend to carry appendix as I have a small middle. But you have to have the right holster for it to be comfortable. Other than that I carry OWB.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Years ago I was open carrying a full size 1911 at a Walmart in Indiana, PA. No one even looked at me, and the person who assisted us checking out asked if I was old enough to buy some over the counter meds. Less than 2 feet away from me!

I stopped worrying about printing until I moved to FL. Now it concerns me all the time.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    Years ago I was open carrying a full size 1911 at a Walmart in Indiana, PA. No one even looked at me, and the person who assisted us checking out asked if I was old enough to buy some over the counter meds. Less than 2 feet away from me!

I stopped worrying about printing until I moved to FL. Now it concerns me all the time.
    Why does it concern you all the time? I was just there for 9 days, carried full size 1911 OWB covered by an untucked button down shirt. No issues, nobody noticed.

Reasonable question. They don't allow OC here. There are a TON of front plate states now calling this home - they get weird with firearms.

At one point, printing in FL was out of bounds from what I understand. I think they're better with it now. But you're right, who will actually notice?

Thanks for the perspective.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Westmoreland County)

So I did switch & have been OWB carrying for a month now. Still do some IWB, but mostly has been OWB. I carry a CZ P-01 in a High Noon leather holster. Far mor comfortable than IWB and I can draw gun quicker.

(Beaver County)

I think comfort trumps all and i have found based on how my body weight fluctuates I mix it up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123