Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Canik Mete SFX Pro opinions

Thinking about getting this as my go-to full-size firearm... thoughts? Would the shorter barreled SFT be better for this use/ role? I have other guns for ccw, this is not for ccw...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Canik Mete SFX Pro opinions

I have recently bought a pre METE SFX, as a result had to have a METE SFT, you will not be disappointed. They really are that good, with amazing triggers right out of the box. This is the trigger Glock should put in their guns! Just be aware, The METE guns use a RMRc dot sight footprint, Pre-METE use RMR. I put a swamp fox sentinel on my SFT as it fits the RMRc without an adapter plate. So far I love it!

As far as the SFX vs. SFT as a full size daily carry gun. I don*t think the SFX would be any harder to carry, and the longer sight radius with the irons, helps me with my aging eyes. That said As I recall the FBI says most defensive shooting occur under ten feet. So I*m not sure that under 50 yards, there is any real advantage to the longer barrel.I would go with the SFT, but your mileage may vary!

Last edited by 1096369fred; March 10th, 2023 at 11:13 AM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Bucks County)

Of course, I started messing with the SFX*.. Which has taken on a bit of a life of its own. I expect to get a walk on spot on *The Mandalorian*, any day now! Wasatch Arms Comp. and Full throttle thumb rest, Freedomsmith Trigger, Swamp Fox Justice! I didn*t really mean to mod it this much, But one thing led to another, and the devil made me do it.

Last edited by 1096369fred; March 10th, 2023 at 11:15 AM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you both! Just picked up a mete sfx fde/black slide... i wish there was a gas pedal that could be attached without the comp (the comp is very cool but not sure it fits my intended use).. both of what you show above look great. The red dot is next, any regrets with swamp fox? (I'd like to replace batt w.out having to remove it, does SF dots allow that?)

(Bucks County)

Hey Bugout,
    Sorry missed your questions*.. first I love Swampfox*.. I have 4-5 of their dot sights, and a LPVO*. Can*t say enough good things about them* FYI They also give a nice LEO discount! On the Liberty and Justice the battery compartment is on top*. So no loss of zero, the sentinel is smaller, so as a result, the battery compartment in on the bottom*. It does have a long life, so this doesn*t bother me.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for SF feedback, I got the liberty for my canik