Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: FIRED FOR CARRYING AT WORK

Well, I watched it at work, no less. Yes, the whole thing. The first third of it almost lost me with lots of lead-up.

I agree with some of his points, although I hope the guy didn't saw his AR-15 in half like that one guy did a few years back. I work in a place (like many others) where the wrong thing can be said to the wrong person (in New Jersey, no less!) so I am all too aware that the NJ legal statement of "own guns at your own peril," strongly applies, sadly.
    Yes, for some signifcant $, I can get a permit to carry, here, but there are anti-"weapon" policies here too.

(Bucks County)

Didn't click but a big thanks to all of the posters who convinced me I made the right decision.

Did anyone watch enough to get to the punch line? Did he know he wasn't supposed to be carrying, got caught, and lost his job? Or work for a large corporation? Cry me a river.........

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Didn't click but a big thanks to all of the posters who convinced me I made the right decision.

Did anyone watch enough to get to the punch line? Did he know he wasn't supposed to be carrying, got caught, and lost his job? Or work for a large corporation? Cry me a river.........
    That would be yes x 3.

(Berks County)

If your employer prohibits any activity and you engage in that activity, you had better be prepared to face consequences.

The idea that carry was prohibited but overlooked, and thinking he was OK, does not seem like a smart move. I think just about anyone could have predicted that what happened was eventually going to happen.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I don't have 20 minutes to watch a video about a guy getting fired; I wouldn't talk to him at a party for 20 minutes about this.

People who want eyeballs on their videos need to learn how to draw viewers in, with efficient verbiage, fewer dramatic pauses, no disgressions. He could likely summarize what happened in 5 minutes or less. AT LEAST do a 20-second Executive Summary up front so we can see if the story is worth our time. Maybe have it be a dialogue with him and a hot chick in a bikini asking questions.

I don't bother watching most network TV, and they have professional writers trying to make things interesting for their 20 minutes of non-commercial programming every half hour.

Just some feedback.
    A fucking men!!!

People bitch about me asking for a summary...but honestly, how fucking hard is it to write a couple sentences to make something interesting enough entice people to watch a video? Not worth your time? Video not worth mine. You don't care? Neither do I (;

This is why movies have trailers and books have some verbiage on a book jacket.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Did the same. Summary is the title.
    A title isn't a summary. It's a title.

(Chester County)

So, now that we've gotten our 'no summary' rants out of the way, perhaps we can all have an intelligent discussion about the incident.

Most companies with a no-weapons policy enforce zero tolerance when it happens. And any employee who breaks the rule by printing while CC is an idiot who deserves to be fired.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    So, now that we've gotten our 'no summary' rants out of the way, perhaps we can all have an intelligent discussion about the incident.

Most companies with a no-weapons policy enforce zero tolerance when it happens. And any employee who breaks the rule by printing while CC is an idiot who deserves to be fired.
    Bitching about YouTube videos and the complete lack of sense in YouTube posters is MUCH more interesting than an idiot that is upset they received the prescribed punishment for violating a company policy. And anyone with a mother should know that *but Billy did it!* isn*t a defense.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Yep. I've been on the forum a long time and usually if the first comment is negative the sheep usually pile on, classic PAFOA.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Jefferson County)

Fuck around and find out also applies to carrying at work when your employer prohibits it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast