Default Re: Fake gun store thread

Opticsandammo.com

Guy is a scam artist

(Chester County)

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Good link, I think I’ve used it as a resource before.

(Columbia County)

This thread is a good idea however it would be better if the fake stores were listed on some type of spreadsheet. Otherwise if this thread expands one will have to go through all the posts to research a suspected fake gun shop. That could be a lengthy process.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Even with that, some of the stores list credit cards as an option along with Zelle, ApplePay, Crypto Currency etc*. Which still sends up major red flags and are often accompanied by other red flags. It might list PayPal (which can be a warning sign in some cases) as an option with credit cards and but could also be legit and require deeper digging. It might accept PayPal for non firearm items on the site, (sports gear, tents etc.) but not for firearm related items. (If a site offers PayPal for guns it*s a red flag because of PayPal*s rules against firearm transactions. Paypal Family and Friends is a red flag on steroids.).

I*m speculating but some might list credit cards as a way to alleviate suspicion (but now they have your credit card info). From what I am noticing they seem to list credit cards but offer a substantial discount if you use cryptocurrency to entice you. They also offer instructions on how to open cryptocurrency accounts.
    Well, I guess my point was to never pay with anything besides a credit card,
    For any reason.

Texas gun store. https://firearms-texas.com

Zelle, Bitcoin and PayPal. Accounts of people being scammed online.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Well, I guess my point was to never pay with anything besides a credit card,
    For any reason.
    Depends, for gun purchase yes, fo non gun purchases, PayPal, Googlepay, ApplePay have a place. Being able to pay with things from your phone in person and not having to carry your credit cards is convenient for a lot of people. They all have a no firearm policy which is why a gun site online using them is a red flag. PayPal for example does not protect things that violate its policies.

If I understand correctly (I might not) PayPal has more built in purchase protections than credit cards. ApplePay has extra layers of security. If you don*t like credit cards and use debit cards, you can link you debit card to something like ApplePay and get more security than you would have with a debit card. When you use something like ApplePay you don*t have to worry about your card identity or numbers being shared with a merchant.

Strongammo. https://strongammo.com/

Zelle, ApplePay, Cashback, PayPal friends and family. Not to mention $109 for 50 round of Scorpio Ammo.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Depends, for gun purchase yes, fo non gun purchases, PayPal, Googlepay, ApplePay have a place. Being able to pay with things from your phone in person and not having to carry your credit cards is convenient for a lot of people. They all have a no firearm policy which is why a gun site online using them is a red flag. PayPal for example does not protect things that violate its policies.

If I understand correctly (I might not) PayPal has more built in purchase protections than credit cards. ApplePay has extra layers of security. If you don*t like credit cards and use debit cards, you can link you debit card to something like ApplePay and get more security than you would have with a debit card. When you use something like ApplePay you don*t have to worry about your card identity or numbers being shared with a merchant.
    You may have missed my point, or I stated it unclearly. I'll try to do better.

For on-line purchases, I recommend ONLY using a credit card. Note: You can pay with a credit card via Apple Pay.

I wouldn't recommend using Pay Pal at all, but if you do, use it in conjunction with a credit card.

I wouldn't use a debit card anywhere, for any reason.

For IN PERSON charges, which I didn't address at all previously, I'd give the same advice, excepting that I would be willing to use cash for places that don't accept cards.

Strap Weapon shop. https://strapweaponshop.com/checkout/

Zelle, PayPal Friends and Family, Bitcoin, GooglePay etc*.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast