Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mossberg C-lect choke specs? Also, 20ga bore/choke sizing?

Do any of you old school guys recall the mossberg C-lect poly chokes? Have you replaced one? Any chance you know the threading specs and ID of the sleeve?

Even better, does anyone know the thread specs for a Hartford adjustomatic or Cyclone 3? Not a lot of info on the web about these.

I’m trying to replace the c-lect on an old bolt 20ga and need to rethread the barrel before i silver solder it.

Can anyone verify full/mod/IC/cyl bore sizes? Barrel measures out at 0.585ID without choke, and cyl was .605 on the c-lect choke. I need baselines to figure out if i need to ream the barrel before installing Hartford

(Chester County)

Default Re: Mossberg C-lect choke specs? Also, 20ga bore/choke sizing?

The Mossberg forums or the Mossberg company are probably your two best resources for that information. You're going to have to know the model number and possibly the date of manufacture using the serial data.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

No serial number, manufactured between 1950-1955. Its a 185K-A

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Saw that. What i cant verify though is if that TPI is for the choke or the receiver end of the barrel (suspect the latter).

Theres other barrels for later models similar to the 185KA that had course thread. I may just say F it and make something tacti-cool happen instead. Near as i can tell, bore diameter without the choke system is =/= improved mod or improved cyl at .585ID

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Saw that. What i cant verify though is if that TPI is for the choke or the receiver end of the barrel (suspect the latter).

Theres other barrels for later models similar to the 185KA that had course thread. I may just say F it and make something tacti-cool happen instead. Near as i can tell, bore diameter without the choke system is =/= improved mod or improved cyl at .585ID
    Thread pitch gauge.

https://www.grainger.com/category/ma...d-pitch-gauges

Thanks Jen. Looks like im going to just have to buy the replacement choke and diy the best i can. The C-lekt choke looks like its stuffed in and silver soldered to the barrel stub i have, then a threaded collar goes on the outside. Quite different than the Hartford Adjustomatic that threads onto external threading cut into the barrel and soldered in place. Pretty much sold on that setup since it doesnt require tapping the barrel for a new bead sight and i can pick up a universal truglo fiber tube kit that should screw into any major bead sight TPI.

The joy of building out custom guns for my own purposes :smirk: learn something new, create new problems as i go lol

(Chester County)

I've shot shotguns with Polychokes on them before. All 12 gauge and they do add weight to the front of the gun and you have to get used to shooting with the bulge but it's still the same principles, don't look over the barrel, cover the target, follow through with the swing. Yeah, old timer talk I know.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I've shot shotguns with Polychokes on them before. All 12 gauge and they do add weight to the front of the gun and you have to get used to shooting with the bulge but it's still the same principles, don't look over the barrel, cover the target, follow through with the swing. Yeah, old timer talk I know.
    Lol, i dont mind the extra weight up front on this one…its chopped to 18.75” and took a good bit of weight out. That extra poly choke weight will balance the gun out more

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Lol, i dont mind the extra weight up front on this one*its chopped to 18.75* and took a good bit of weight out. That extra poly choke weight will balance the gun out more
    I inherited a Mossberg 190 16ga bolt with the C-lect choke from my dad. I shot trap with it a few times when I was younger. I used to dust the birds about 4-5 yards from the trap house.

I also tried his Winchester 101 trap model, and couldn't hit shit with it.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast