Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mossberg C-lect choke specs? Also, 20ga bore/choke sizing?

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I inherited a Mossberg 190 16ga bolt with the C-lect choke from my dad. I shot trap with it a few times when I was younger. I used to dust the birds about 4-5 yards from the trap house.

I also tried his Winchester 101 trap model, and couldn't hit shit with it.
    Was talking to a vendor at the show this past weekend, he said the same thing. It is possible to rack off a second shot with these bolt mossys on clays pretty damn quick. Only downside is 2 round mag capacity

Finding a damn replacement mag that works is proving difficult though, so it may wind up being a single shot with a sheet metal storage box in the stock in place of a mag. Triple K makes mags for the 185K series guns and lists the 1022M as compatible with my gun, but everywhere else i look says “Not compatible with 185K-A guns” for the same mag. Looks like i need to hunt down a NOS/used OEM mag. Anyone familiar with Havlinsales.com out of Missouri?

Default Re: Mossberg C-lect choke specs? Also, 20ga bore/choke sizing?

Spoke with Havlin sales this week, he has mags in stock from Triple K and confirmed that they do work but may need adjusted to loosen them up a bit. IE, go shoot the shit out of them after teardown and cleaning, maybe bend the feed lips a bit after keeping them loaded tight for a few days.

Still hunting for a factory mag, but for now i’ll order 2 aftermarket ones. Stock refinish project needs to take a front seat fast, barreled action is halfway finished with our resident cerakoter. Once thats done i can get the threading out of the way and pick up the hartford adjustomatic choke for install.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12