Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Smith & Wesson FPC 9mm

I wonder what the length of pull is.
    In the comparison with a Sub 2000, it looks almost 2" longer than the Kel Tec.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Clearfield County)

I am very indifferent. It does the job of other rifles already on the market, but I'm sure the price will be higher. I think my new opinion on PCC's is going to be the same as my opinion on modern defensive handguns "Just buy whichever one you like the best, they're all going to perform about the same".

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I wonder what the length of pull is.
    In the comparison with a Sub 2000, it looks almost 2" longer than the Kel Tec.
    That's probably a good thing. The LOP on the Sub isn't very long. Works great for my wife with short arms, but I have gorilla arms; I need the extra LOP for comfort.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, the fact that there are more options is a GOOD thing - people can buy what THEY think is best for them.

Kel Tec folds on the "top" - "That's DUMB, it makes it taller than I want for where I want to put it."
    Oh, look - the S&W folds to the side. PERFECT for my needs!

I'm loving all these new guns on the market. Like always, I hope people buy them up so they start showing up on the used market soon!
    (and hopefully not due to issues discovered. Ha)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    That's probably a good thing. The LOP on the Sub isn't very long. Works great for my wife with short arms, but I have gorilla arms; I need the extra LOP for comfort.
    That's probably bad for me. I have baby chimp arms. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I am very indifferent. It does the job of other rifles already on the market, but I'm sure the price will be higher. I think my new opinion on PCC's is going to be the same as my opinion on modern defensive handguns "Just buy whichever one you like the best, they're all going to perform about the same".
    MSRP is $659, which means street will be in the $525-$550 range. A new Sub2K is around $425 +/- $10-$20, street price. Add an MCARBO All-In-One Pro Performance Trigger job Bundle kit for $250, and a folding optic mount for another $150, and you're already $250 over the price of the FPC. And those MCARBO parts are a must for the Sub2k. The difference in performance is night and day. The iron sights on the Sub2k are way too low and awkward to use. The optics mount is necessary if you want to run a dot and still be able to fold the gun in half.

A set of backup sights for the FPC could be had for a lot less than $250, and the reports say the trigger is good, so S&W gets you ahead of the game.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    MSRP is $659, which means street will be in the $525-$550 range. A new Sub2K is around $425 +/- $10-$20, street price. Add an MCARBO All-In-One Pro Performance Trigger job Bundle kit for $250, and a folding optic mount for another $150, and you're already $250 over the price of the FPC. And those MCARBO parts are a must for the Sub2k. The difference in performance is night and day. The iron sights on the Sub2k are way too low and awkward to use. The optics mount is necessary if you want to run a dot and still be able to fold the gun in half.

A set of backup sights for the FPC could be had for a lot less than $250, and the reports say the trigger is good, so S&W gets you ahead of the game.
    While I own a couple I consider PCC's purely utilitarian, I very rarely shoot them for recreation because I'd much rather be shooting a pistol, so I'm not very concerned with upgrades. My sub-2000 got a vertical foregrip, a sling, and a rubber cover for the stock (and that was just because I needed to meet the minimum for Midway free shipping) which to me makes it adequate for the very rare chance of me using it for self defense.

(Allegheny County)

599 at PSA. (Out of stock)

(Allegheny County)

I guess everyone was sworn to secrecy and had to wait until now to release vids because EVERYONE is posting reviews now.

(Allegheny County)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast