Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Question Any MD CCW Training in Eastern PA?

I'm aiming to get both the NJ and MD CCW licenses as I will have consulting work in both states and would prefer to carry when traveling. Currently living in montco and aiming to find some local training for the MD CCW requirements. I tried a few local options on the MDSP website but they either didn't respond or are not currently offering training. I'm hoping someone here can provide some help tracking down a currently active MDSP certified trainer.
    *Libertarian Screeching*

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Any MD CCW Training in Eastern PA?

Is King of Prussia close enough? Vinco did a Utah carry class at my club. Very well run and I got my Utah license without any problem.

Maryland Concealed Carry (Wear and Carry) Permit Training Class

Dates: March 25, 2023 8AM-4PM and March 26, 2023 8AM-4PM

Location: King Shooters Supply 346 E. Church Rd, King Of Prussia, PA

Cost: $350

This 2 Day – 16 Hour class meets the training required for the Maryland Wear and Carry (Concealed Carry) Permit. Vinco Instructors are Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructors. We will include instruction on state firearm law, home firearm safety, handgun mechanisms and operation, and the State required qualification. The class meets the requirements for you to get a Maryland CCW. The Maryland Permit to Carry is issued to both residents and non-residents of Maryland. Get your Maryland concealed handgun permit to be legal to carry at the Maryland beaches this summer. You don’t have to travel to Maryland to take the class, Vinco provides the training at King Shooter’s Supply in King Of Prussia.

https://www.vincotraininggroup.com/e...class-2-day-3/

I can highly recommend Vinco Training Group (www.VincoTrainingGroup.com).

I took their MD Wear & Carry Training Course this past weekend (Feb 25 & 26), and the course and Instructors were excellent.

The class was held at King's Shooter Supply store and range.

The Instructors worked with each student (2 Instructors/5 students), giving each of us tips for improvements in shooting.

Late note: Appears wew3 beat me, LOL
    Last edited by rwt1405; February 27th, 2023 at 05:24 PM. Reason: addition

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wew3 View Post
    Is King of Prussia close enough? Vinco did a Utah carry class at my club. Very well run and I got my Utah license without any problem.

Maryland Concealed Carry (Wear and Carry) Permit Training Class

Dates: March 25, 2023 8AM-4PM and March 26, 2023 8AM-4PM

Location: King Shooters Supply 346 E. Church Rd, King Of Prussia, PA

Cost: $350

This 2 Day * 16 Hour class meets the training required for the Maryland Wear and Carry (Concealed Carry) Permit. Vinco Instructors are Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructors. We will include instruction on state firearm law, home firearm safety, handgun mechanisms and operation, and the State required qualification. The class meets the requirements for you to get a Maryland CCW. The Maryland Permit to Carry is issued to both residents and non-residents of Maryland. Get your Maryland concealed handgun permit to be legal to carry at the Maryland beaches this summer. You don*t have to travel to Maryland to take the class, Vinco provides the training at King Shooter*s Supply in King Of Prussia.

https://www.vincotraininggroup.com/e...class-2-day-3/
    That's close enough for me. I'll be sure to sign up. Thank you
    *Libertarian Screeching*

(Chester County)

I also highly recommend Vinco Training at Kings Shooters Supply. Chad and Clay are great instructors! Took their class in January. Got the MD application in soon after the class and am just waiting on my approval now.

(Montgomery County)

How rough is the application itself when applying? Did some dumb stuff in NY as a teenager almost 20 years ago but no criminal convictions. Some sealed disorderly conducts. (Yes I know police can see sealed stuff) I know when I still lived in NY it would have been a lot of explaining and paperwork, but PA and UT didn't care. NJ might want some details from the application I saw they have.
    *Libertarian Screeching*

(Chester County)

Can't speak to NJ as I haven't tried that yet. MD had the usual questions about felonies or other charges, domestic abuse, habitual drug or alcohol abuse, dishonorable discharge, stuff like that. I don't remember anything that needed to be mentioned that wasn't formally charged as a crime. Not sure what your history is but it sounds like you should be ok. You need 3 personal references, but I'm not sure they even call them. When my neighbor used me as a reference, I was never contacted and he got approved.

(Montgomery County)

That sounds pretty easy. Thanks for the info
    *Libertarian Screeching*

We still have seats available for our March 25 & 26 class at King Shooters Supply in King Of Prussia, PA. The permit process is very straight forward and completed on the MD State Police Portal. The only hiccup is the fingerprinting needs to be completed in Maryland. Check out our reviews on USCCA and VincoTraining.com

(Chester County)

Here's a brief update on my experience with the MD Wear and Carry Permit application process. My friend and I took the Vinco MD classes on Jan 14-15 at Kings. We got our prints the following Thursday in Rising Sun, MD and submitted our applications on-line a day or two later. We both just received email notification that our applications were approved on Mar 8! Less than 2 months all in and done. Just waiting for the actual permit to arrive in the mail now.

If anyone has any experience with the NJ process and can shed some light, please do. That is our next objective!