Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: OC on State Game Land?

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Just a related note: No carrying on Army Corps of Engineers land.
    This is good info, and Ill ad a note to include any federally operated facility with the exception National Forests. I hunt French Creek State Park often, the area I hunt along RT 345 boarders Hopewell National Historic Site with few if any boarder placards in the woods, it is very easy to wander into the property. I have spoke to the park rangers state and fed and they are always reminding folks of this. I was asked once by the federal ranger while driving through the historic area if my firearm was cased. I was glassing about two dozen deer in the Hopewell fields (while dressed in orange) during deer season, once he saw the closed hard case he said your good to go enjoy your day.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Gamelands are for hunting, not hiking etc.
    Local gamelands to me has stocked bass ponds (hike in only) and a bike trail that goes through it. Also, some major trails like that Appalachian and Mid-State cross through tons of SGL's. I've probably used them for hiking and fishing way more than hunting. In fact, the least likely time you'll find me on SGL's is during major hunting seasons. That's when they become a shit show.

As for carrying, I've done both open and concealed with a handgun and had zero issues. Never saw a reason to carry a rifle my self, but I can see where it might be borderline. My guess is, the wrong warden and your going to be spending bucks on an attorney.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    This is good info, and Ill ad a note to include any federally operated facility with the exception National Forests. I hunt French Creek State Park often, the area I hunt along RT 345 boarders Hopewell National Historic Site with few if any boarder placards in the woods, it is very easy to wander into the property. I have spoke to the park rangers state and fed and they are always reminding folks of this. I was asked once by the federal ranger while driving through the historic area if my firearm was cased. I was glassing about two dozen deer in the Hopewell fields (while dressed in orange) during deer season, once he saw the closed hard case he said your good to go enjoy your day.
    The Army Corps regulation is weird, since you can carry in a National Park, just not its facilities/buildings. Makes no sense.

(Allegheny County)

The Army Corps regulation is weird, since you can carry in a National Park, just not its facilities/buildings. Makes no sense.
    That came up in the Gettysburg thread. Interesting situation

(Wayne County)

I think its only still posted that way because nobody has challenged it under Heller or Bruen.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Westmoreland County)

I thought about just getting a revolver so I can carry on army Corp property, just say I'm coyote hunting.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    That came up in the Gettysburg thread. Interesting situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I think its only still posted that way because nobody has challenged it under Heller or Bruen.
    I believe the restriction only applies to "buildings" where fed employees regularly report
    for work, like a visitor center, museum, etc.

Outbuildings like unattended restrooms are supposed to be OK, and in Gettysburg, preserved
    and unattended buildings from the war that visitors can walk into are also OK. Maybe.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I believe the restriction only applies to "buildings" where fed employees regularly report
    for work, like a visitor center, museum, etc.

Outbuildings like unattended restrooms are supposed to be OK, and in Gettysburg, preserved
    and unattended buildings from the war that visitors can walk into are also OK. Maybe.
    I'm assuming you mean national parks. If you know something has changed about Army Corps lands, please provide us some details.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nine MM View Post
    I thought about just getting a revolver so I can carry on army Corp property, just say I'm coyote hunting.
    That wouldn't fly, at least at Blue Marsh in Berks County. I don't know if other lands have different regulations.

[I]FIREARMS/WEAPONS/EXPLOSIVES/FIREWORKS
    The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and
    arrows, crossbows or other weapons is prohibited unless : In the possession of a Federal, state or
    local law enforcement officer, or being used for hunting and fishing in remote areas, and in
    accordance with State Game and Fish regulations. Devices must be unloaded when transporting
    to, from or between hunting and fishing sites.

https://www.nap.usace.army.mil/Porta...egulations.pdf

The document at that link also lists the 'non-remote' areas.

(York County)

I'm assuming you mean national parks. If you know something has changed about Army Corps lands, please provide us some details.
    LOL... with A.C.o E all bets are off the table. And yes, I was referring to National Parks.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast