Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: SC House passes constitutional carry bill (News story and .Gov links)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    They were close to this before. Can't remember which branch of the government stopped it.
    I believe last time it was stopped in the Senate---Looks like it is headed to the Senate today? I sure hope this passes. I'd love to CCW in SC.

"The 90-30 vote brings the conservative state one step closer to joining 25 others with some form of so-called *constitutional carry* laws. The fate of the state*s latest effort to loosen gun restrictions once more falls to the Senate, where lawmakers rejected a similar proposal two years ago.

*This will open up options for families to protect themselves without a permit,* said Republican Rep. Bobby Cox, the bill*s leading sponsor. *South Carolinians can still get the training they need. But they don*t need a permission slip to exercise that right.*

Republicans passed the bill over the strong objections of many Democrats who said the move would decrease public safety in communities already ravaged by gun deaths. Opponents included one lawmaker whose sister was one of the nine Black churchgoers killed by an avowed white supremacist in a 2015 mass shooting at the South*s oldest African Methodist Episcopal church.

Rep. JA Moore accused Republicans of publicly supporting a measure privately acknowledged by some as a *bad bill.*

*My sister was murdered by a legal gun that a white supremacist terrorist should not have had,* Moore said. *So shame on y*all for playing politics with people*s lives.*

The measure would restrict people from bringing guns into detention centers, courthouses, polling places, government offices, school athletic events, schools, religious sanctuaries, and doctor*s offices, among other locations."

https://www.wistv.com/2023/02/23/sou...arry-handguns/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Northampton County)

Default Re: SC House passes constitutional carry bill (News story and .Gov links)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    *My sister was murdered by a legal gun that a white supremacist terrorist should not have had,* Moore said. *So shame on y*all for playing politics with people*s lives.*
    I'm so tired of these weak a**, ridiculous arguments. Considering that the white supremacist illegally murdered someone, I don't think he would had any qualms about illegally carrying. If my sister was bludgeoned to death with a shovel, I wouldn't be looking to outlaw shovels nor would I think doing so would have any impact whatsoever on future shovel-related murders. I also wouldn't be screaming at my neighbor in the middle of Home Depot as he tried to buy a similar shovel to do some landscaping in his yard. "My sister is dead because of you!" Um, no.

(Bucks County)

Any news on this? I can't find anything new....
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I wonder what the Senate split was then.

Yep. Then you would be good from PA to FL except for the short jaunt through MD. Or clear if you go through WV.
    I'm definitely getting the MD permit then. Straight shot with zero bs

(Dauphin County)

So it looks like this is hung up in the Senate yet. I guess it will have to stay in the glovebox and the house for the majority of my trip to SC next week.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12