Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Can I CCW my Son's Pisto

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    1) there is no registration in PA. The State police maintain a database of sales, and your son + his pistol may be in that.
    2) Yes pistols may be transferred from parents to offspring ( and Vice versa) without a FFL getting involved
    3) you need a LTCF to carry any pistol concealed or in a car or during a state of emergency
    Is any paperwork required to transfer a pistol from myself to my son or vice versa? We are both PA residents.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Can I CCW my Son's Pisto

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Is any paperwork required to transfer a pistol from myself to my son or vice versa? We are both PA residents.
    Negative. Transfers between spouses, parent/child, and grandparent/grandchild are exempt of PA's requirement of a "formal" transfer(FFL, background check, paperwork, etc). Same with bequests(via a will) and intestate succession(family inheritance) - but somebody has to die. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12