Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Added another Glock to the stable

Just picked up a Gen5 G19, what’s unique about this one it’s an early one without front slide serrations, has grip cutout and frame is beveled to match the slide. Seen pics of these but it’s the first one I’ve actually seen in person. It’s in great shape and came with box and all factory accessories.

photo sharing

Today was a good day!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Added another Glock to the stable

Interesting,I'm not seeing what you mean by the frame being beveled to match the slide...
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Interesting,I'm not seeing what you mean by the frame being beveled to match the slide...
    The front, the very first run of gen5*s had the beveled side but frame was square like the generations before, then they beveled the frame to match. Not long after the final gen5 was made to include front slide serrations and they eliminated the cutout in grip.
    Today was a good day!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    The front, the very first run of gen5*s had the beveled side but frame was square like the generations before, then they beveled the frame to match. Not long after the final gen5 was made to include front slide serrations and they eliminated the cutout in grip.
    Okay yeah,the corners on the front of slide....and what is that cut out in the front of the grip for?

(Beaver County)

Okay yeah,the corners on the front of slide....and what is that cut out in the front of the grip for?
    They say it*s for stripping the mag if it gets hung up. But I think it*s mostly for beating the shit out of your fingers.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    They say it*s for stripping the mag if it gets hung up. But I think it*s mostly for beating the shit out of your fingers.
    ....glad none of mine has that,it would probably annoy me like the small cut on the backside does.

(Beaver County)

....glad none of mine has that,it would probably annoy me like the small cut on the backside does.
    The initial Gen 5 is why I*ve never moved past Gen 4. Not to jump off topic but I*ve also moved from Glock to the Sig 320.

To the OP it is interesting to find the oddball Glocks that were in between Gen changes, such as the Gen 3 RTF.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    I doubt a 9mm will beat up your fingers unless you have a weak grip, and if you*ve ever owned a gen 2 or 3 it*s the same cutout.
    Today was a good day!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Just picked up a Gen5 G19, what*s unique about this one it*s an early one without front slide serrations, has grip cutout and frame is beveled to match the slide. Seen pics of these but it*s the first one I*ve actually seen in person. It*s in great shape and came with box and all factory accessories.

photo sharing

I have that identical model. Ironically, it's my first Glock. I had no idea it was special.

I got it practically NIB from a fellow POOFER. Didn't come with the backstraps though, I picked them up online.

Put the thickest one with the beavertail on it. Now I hit the center of the target instead of four inches to the left.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I have that identical model. Ironically, it's my first Glock. I had no idea it was special.

I got it practically NIB from a fellow POOFER. Didn't come with the backstraps though, I picked them up online.

Put the thickest one with the beavertail on it. Now I hit the center of the target instead of four inches to the left.
    Nice, I wouldn*t say it*s special, just different than the current gen5*s. Maybe in 30 years it might be worth something over a regular gen5.

Took it to the range today, shot great and never noticed the cutout while shooting it.
    Today was a good day!