Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Power

(Cumberland County)

Default Hi Power

I've never been a big fan but friend is selling one and I can pick up at a good price. Supposed to be a 1979 "Limited Edition"?
    Anyone know anything about a limited edition or in general worth picking up? I know all personal preference but figured I'd
    see if it's a "whatever" or a "get it now" - lol.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Default Re: Hi Power

Rule of thumb. If its a good price, buy it
    I talk jibberoush. pay attention.

(Cumberland County)

Yeah, that's usually how I roll - lol. Just don't know what a great price is on these - I've checked GB but....... Looks to be in great shape, not sure about "limited edition". I could get for $750ish........................
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

A Belgium made High Power IMO would be well worth it.

2 I found listed with quick search.. First ones Not listed as a "Limited Edition "

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/...979%20mfg.html

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/970403983

(Cumberland County)

^ Thanks. Yes, second one is my friend I purchase from in Spain
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Yeah, that's usually how I roll - lol. Just don't know what a great price is on these - I've checked GB but....... Looks to be in great shape, not sure about "limited edition". I could get for $750ish........................
    For $750, buy it. I'd say any legit HiPower in good shape is worth that or more. The limited edition might or might not help the value, but at minimum wont hurt it IMO.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    For $750, buy it. I'd say any legit HiPower in good shape is worth that or more. The limited edition might or might not help the value, but at minimum wont hurt it IMO.
    Agree 100%. Condition looks very good. Atlantic Firearms was just selling some that were kind of rough for $700 and multiple options with no choice. You might receive different hammer types, extractor types, grips, etc.

Your picture raises a question though. It looks like exactly the picture on that Gunbroker auction in Colorado. (First thing that popped up in a web search for me as well): https://www.gunbroker.com/item/970403983

Your friend in Spain?

I've always liked the Hi Power, but then I'd shoot one and remember how much I hated getting hammer bit. Then I handled the Girsan MC P35 Match pistol (Hi Power clone) with a beaver tail at the GAOS. I liked the way it felt in my hand so much that I went online when I got home that night and I bought one. Haven't taken it to the range yet, but just based off of the way the grip feels, and the fact that I don't have to worry about getting bitten by the damn hammer, it should be a fun one to shoot.

So if you're on the fence about getting a Hi Power because of hammer bite, maybe try for modern option. They even have an OPS version that has a beavertail and a rail.

(Cumberland County)

Yes, that’s it. My friend is from Spain but has a home and business in Colorado. I’ve purchased several firearms from him. Most are from law enforcement auctions. With the laws in Spain, and the laws in the US it takes a long time to actually get the guns I buy, but they get here - lol. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Agree 100%. Condition looks very good. Atlantic Firearms was just selling some that were kind of rough for $700 and multiple options with no choice. You might receive different hammer types, extractor types, grips, etc.

Your picture raises a question though. It looks like exactly the picture on that Gunbroker auction in Colorado. (First thing that popped up in a web search for me as well): https://www.gunbroker.com/item/970403983

Your friend in Spain?
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Yes, that*s it. My friend is from Spain but has a home and business in Colorado. I*ve purchased several firearms from him. Most are from law enforcement auctions. With the laws in Spain, and the laws in the US it takes a long time to actually get the guns I buy, but they get here - lol. Thanks!
    Got it. It's a good buy, though for me personally, not the model I would go for. I would like a ring hammer, checkered wood grips, and fixed sights. That's just personal preference though.

I saw a nearly perfect T series yesterday that still had the small tag on the factory zipper case. But that was $3k...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast