Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania lawmakers propose ID law to purchase ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    This state is going down the crapper. I wish they would all do as a favor and move to CA where it's safe. Perhaps if enough people move there it will finally sink into the ocean under the unbearable weight of their ignorance.
    am i the only one watching CA with pleasure the last month, they didnt get locusts for a plague, they got feet of snow and lots of rain. waiting for those stupid fuckers to say its a result of global warming
    bailout the working class not the freeloading class

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    am i the only one watching CA with pleasure the last month, they didnt get locusts for a plague, they got feet of snow and lots of rain. waiting for those stupid fuckers to say its a result of global warming
    There are lots of farmers in CA who will benefit from the weather pattern changes and replenishment of the reservoirs... I'm happy for them.

(Blair County)

So I subscribe to the theory that these bills are introduced with no intention of passing what so ever. Another bill will come out later that is less authoritative. That second bill will "be a compromise" that will get enough support to pass.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    So I subscribe to the theory that these bills are introduced with no intention of passing what so ever. Another bill will come out later that is less authoritative. That second bill will "be a compromise" that will get enough support to pass.
    Yes, and an idea also worth subscribing to is: Unconstitutional laws are not laws.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    Yes, and an idea also worth subscribing to is: Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
    Unfortunately, we can't just will away BS laws and chanting that mantra isn't going to stop them from convicting/incarcerating anyone.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    Unfortunately, we can't just will away BS laws and chanting that mantra isn't going to stop them from convicting/incarcerating anyone.
    Maybe more so before the Bruen decision. Now it's much easier for us to get an injunction against their bs. Look at NY and CA for example.
    "If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target"

(Chester County)

PA lawmakers need to be taught to not kick a fire ant hill. If any of you think voting will change anything at this point now that they control the ballot counting you need to wake the hell up.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Philadelphia County)

Lucky Gunner requires ID to purchase ammo for a while now. It was the result of a lawsuit, I believe. I had to upload a copy of my driver's license one time and they keep it on file. Do I like this? NO. But there's really no difference because they already have my address and credit card information anyway. Where this does make a difference is at the counter paying cash at brick and mortar locations.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mobo215 View Post
    Lucky Gunner requires ID to purchase ammo for a while now. It was the result of a lawsuit, I believe. I had to upload a copy of my driver's license one time and they keep it on file. Do I like this? NO. But there's really no difference because they already have my address and credit card information anyway. Where this does make a difference is at the counter paying cash at brick and mortar locations.
    There's a pretty significant difference between someone having billing/credit card info and a copy of a driver's license when it comes to concerns over identity theft. I only hand over my license when it's absolutely required by law in order for things to proceed. If the retailer's policy calls for my license when the law does not, I will simply take my business elsewhere. Lucky Gunner's ammo prices are pretty terrible anyway. On a related note, I don't provide my credit card info to many merchants online either. I use virtual card numbers pretty heavily and shut them down shortly after the transaction has been completed.
    Last edited by John_Wick; March 31st, 2023 at 02:28 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mobo215 View Post
    You had to do that in the 90's with a lot of ammo sellers. I remember Aim Surplus being one of them.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456