Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: 🦌Pennsylvania hunters want change

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    This is PA, the only "compromise" that will make them happy is if the laws stay exactly the same as they've always been, and anyone who suggests a change will be jailed.
    Yep, but id trade the opening day for semiautomatic use on big game

(Indiana County)

I stopped hunting years and years ago, worked a job 6 days a week, young family, couldn't afford to take days off without pay.

Now with the extra time I was considering it as I now have a much more flexible schedule.

But after reading some of the comments here I'm not sure I want to be out in the same woods as some of the people whining.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Id go for this, although Id probably use the lever gun 98% of the time. While to friggin heavy to carry, Id love to take the M1Garand out for a hunt or two before I become worm food

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I think they'd rather see hunting outlawed than semis made legal.

Im sure they would bunch of quaker laws

(Bucks County)

The entirety of archery season should have Sunday hunting, not just one or two Sundays.

I go to hunt, not blow shit up and party, that's what the summer time is for. There's time for hanging out in the evenings.

My daughter started college this year. She's at PSU. The first thing she asked me about was will she still be able to go hunting. I told her she'll have to skip archery this season but the rifle we can go up Friday night after Thanksgiving, hunt Saturday and Sunday morning, then we drive to State College, drop her off then my son and I will drive home from there.

That's a 3-1/2 hour drive for me. From PSU to the camp is another 3-1/2 hours. But at least she'll get to hunt this year.

(Franklin County)

I sincerely hope that everyone has a safe and successful hunting season. After 65 years of small and big game hunting, I am going to pack it in. But I will keep my membership in the Saint Thomas Sportsmen*s Association. I want to go out to the range occasionally and shoot my .22s. I have four of them. I have many memories of these past hunting seasons. Many. All my hunting buddies are dead now. Of course my son will still hunt on the property he leases with a friend in Maryland. And with a pacemaker installed on my right shoulder, I should not put any rifle to my shoulder that has any kick. It*s been a lot of fun. I have shot countless pheasants, rabbits and squirrels. And approximately 34 deer through the years. And just for the record and guys that have hunting camps, I would like to see deer rifle season start on Monday again. But I also understand the reason that some folks like the Saturday for them and their boys and girls. I started hurting when I was 13, with a .12 gauge Remington Wingmaster. My dad brought it for me at a hardware store in Lancaster and paid $75.00 for it. I still have it. Best to all you hunters this season, no matter what type of weapon you use.
    Last edited by Swamp Fox; September 19th, 2023 at 08:39 PM.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

(Berks County)

are you against semi auto shotguns currently being legal. since there is no mag limit i could go out with a drum mag and be legal.

(York County)

I like t relax and watch football on T-day. Friday I go out with the wife and try to catch a deal. Saturday I pack up and get ready to travel. Sunday I travel and spend good times socializing with friends and checking the stand. Monday - opening day (historically) and Tuesday have been the best two days to hunt.

Opening on Saturday changes my paradigm. That's OK - I can still do what I want since I hunt on private property.

Whatever the case, difference should not divide us. Just go hunt, have fun, and respect gun toting brothers and sisters. The Fudd name calling is ridiculous.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    I like t relax and watch football on T-day. Friday I go out with the wife and try to catch a deal. Saturday I pack up and get ready to travel. Sunday I travel and spend good times socializing with friends and checking the stand. Monday - opening day (historically) and Tuesday have been the best two days to hunt.

Opening on Saturday changes my paradigm. That's OK - I can still do what I want since I hunt on private property.

Whatever the case, difference should not divide us. Just go hunt, have fun, and respect gun toting brothers and sisters. The Fudd name calling is ridiculous.
    Where in that schedule do you get drunk and blow up stuff?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast