Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Barter- guns, gold, alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by heavyjim View Post
    I know handguns need to be transferred. Is alcohol regulated for trades? I have some stuff I'd like to turn into different stuff without selling and buying. Do people in the real world use gold and silver for deals?

Any thoughts? Thanks
    Hahaha.
    In a world where we are reduced to bartering and money has no value, you are worried about properly transferring a gun?
    I didn't see one person legally transfer a gun in the Walking Dead, I would expect the same thing in a real life SHTF.
    If you are worried about transferring, taxes, LTCF, barrel length or any other government regulated BS, I would submit to you, it's not a real economic/societal collapse.
    That said, Alcohol, ammo, guns, medicine, clothes, fuel and land, are probably your best bets for barter.
    Gold and silver are what you want when we come out the other end of whatever disaster we live through.
    The Hostler

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Hahaha.
    In a world where we are reduced to bartering and money has no value, you are worried about properly transferring a gun?
    I didn't see one person legally transfer a gun in the Walking Dead, I would expect the same thing in a real life SHTF.
    If you are worried about transferring, taxes, LTCF, barrel length or any other government regulated BS, I would submit to you, it's not a real economic/societal collapse.
    That said, Alcohol, ammo, guns, medicine, clothes, fuel and land, are probably your best bets for barter.
    Gold and silver are what you want when we come out the other end of whatever disaster we live through.
    I'd agree 100%. If it's a REAL shtf scenario, wtf are you going to do with gold or silver? Antibiotics, alcohol, ammunition. *Painkillers* Food. Weapons. A running vehicle and fuel. And more ammunition.

And chocolate will get you all the women you want.

TP will be the new gold.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Delaware County)

You are Correct.
    If it hits the fan, who cares.
    I love the Deodorant, we're scrounging for Food, and folks are going to care how they Smell.
    OK
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    I'd agree 100%. If it's a REAL shtf scenario, wtf are you going to do with gold or silver? Antibiotics, alcohol, ammunition. *Painkillers* Food. Weapons. A running vehicle and fuel. And more ammunition.

TP will be the new gold.
    Correct!!!!
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post

TP will be the new gold.
    Don't forget the tampons or you will never hear the end of it.

Coffee and tobacco would be good items to trade.

(Chester County)

Here is a good short read called "Words from a Bosnian Survivalist".
    https://powersfirearmstraining.com/r...urvivalist.pdf

He speaks to trade items.

As far as taxing from barter goes if SHTF actually occurs tax and government interference in person to person trade is the least of my concerns. I don't THINK I would trade for ammo/weapons but I guess you don't know until you get THAT desperate for things.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Washington County)

In an economy crash situation the last thing I'm going to be interested in taking in trade is gold and silver. I think most people under a certain age would agree. That is an older generation mentality that means nothing to younger people.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    In an economy crash situation the last thing I'm going to be interested in taking in trade is gold and silver. I think most people under a certain age would agree. That is an older generation mentality that means nothing to younger people.
    Speaking as one of the "older" generation, your statement isn't exactly correct. Older people are more likely to replace parts of their life savings with metals to protect it, not to barter with it. The younger generations don't have a life savings to worry about, and if they were to have to start all over, they have time.
    So, I agree, metals are not to barter with, they are to protect savings on the other side of a messed up crash.
    The Hostler

(Butler County)

I seen a movie once where bullets were used for coins. Ammo, alcohol and food would all be good for trade.
    What good is a piece of gold? Melt it down to make bullets? Can't eat it, won't keep you warm.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Hahaha.

.GOV has your name on paperwork for any guns bought at a FFL.

they are serial number items, therefore traceable.

Not all SHTFs are zombie apocalypse level, and "The Gestapo" WILL trace down whatever they can in an effort to find evil wrong thinkers and punish them if possible.

Buy your long guns.
    Make your own pistols from 80% frames.
    Those will have value and protect your identity.
    Sell long guns ONLY FTF with no paper.

Don't sell or give away an 80% gun you made - that is illegal.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast