Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Barter- guns, gold, alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    And chocolate will get you all the women you want.

(York County)

Barter is usually low key and almost always, "off the books". Unless you're planning to report it to the Government, who would know barter has taken place. Got to keep an eye out for informants and snitches.

It would take more than the end of the world as we know it, to make govt bureaucrats go away.

First thing that would happen after an EMP or oil plague or grid failure or Covid Omega, would be local tyrants would form Citizen Committees, wrap in the local govt & police to make it look official, make up their own rules, and demand that everyone turn in their fuel, food, guns, ammo, medicines, so they could be stored in the high school gym and given out "equitably". Later they'd confiscate all the pets and make barbecue, then they'd decide who got to live in which house based on restorative justice. Your work assignment on the Communal Farm & Brothel would arrive somewhere in there.

My participation in these schemes would be brief, but noisy.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It would take more than the end of the world as we know it, to make govt bureaucrats go away.

First thing that would happen after an EMP or oil plague or grid failure or Covid Omega, would be local tyrants would form Citizen Committees, wrap in the local govt & police to make it look official, make up their own rules, and demand that everyone turn in their fuel, food, guns, ammo, medicines, so they could be stored in the high school gym and given out "equitably". Later they'd confiscate all the pets and make barbecue, then they'd decide who got to live in which house based on restorative justice. Your work assignment on the Communal Farm & Brothel would arrive somewhere in there.

My participation in these schemes would be brief, but noisy.
    That's the most likely course of events. Not hard to predict because that's how we roll.
    My grasshopper neighbors would vote the shit out of this. The fly in the ointment is of course whom will they send to do the collecting?

I'm hard pressed to think of which local councilman wants the first sucking chest wound, or which one would be the first to want to catch dozens of bullets while having lunch at a sidewalk cafe. There's a thing called "rear security" that cops and military units give passing attention to. My thought is they better get REALLY good at it.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by heavyjim View Post
    I know handguns need to be transferred. Is alcohol regulated for trades? I have some stuff I'd like to turn into different stuff without selling and buying. Do people in the real world use gold and silver for deals?

Any thoughts? Thanks
    The dreaded taxman cometh.
    My three favorite things in life are guns, girls and cars. Everything else is secondary.

(Delaware County)

Wait a minute. If it*s a private sale, under a certain price aren*t taxes waived? If it*s under $800?
    My three favorite things in life are guns, girls and cars. Everything else is secondary.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234