Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default AZ rancher protecting life & property charged for shooting illegal

This is a crime. An Arizona rancher protecting life and property shoots and kills an illegal trespassing within 100 yards of his house is charged with murder and denied bail. Guy was living the American dream on his beautiful ranch until Biden's open boarders ruing everything for him. Seriously, this is a crime. Arizona has strong stand your ground laws including protection of property:

"...under Arizona law, deadly force is allowed on one's own property if the homeowner believes it 'immediately necessary' to prevent trespassing.
    Several other statutes — known as the 'stand your ground' laws — also defend the use of physical or deadly force when a homeowner fears a threat and believes force is necessary."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-migrant.html

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

Default Re: AZ rancher protecting life & property charged for shooting illegal

Need more details. Was the illegal armed. Was the illegal walking towards the house ???
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Bucks County)

But under Arizona law, deadly force is allowed on one's own property if the homeowner believes it 'immediately necessary' to prevent trespassing..
    Sounds like they take "Get off my lawn" seriously in Arizona.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Need more details. Was the illegal armed. Was the illegal walking towards the house ???

Let me re-type this for you:
    "...under Arizona law, deadly force is allowed on one's own property if the homeowner believes it 'immediately necessary' to prevent trespassing."
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

Really. More details. Az. has stand your ground laws that allow you to shoot trespassers? That sounds pretty harsh. Otoh, it's not "migrants" or "immigrants" or "undocumented workers" that are streaming across our border. It's an invasion of criminal, illegal aliens.

These individuals are evidencing bad behavior in lots of places where they're dumped or escape to. Perhaps it's not a bad idea for land owners along the border to start shooting these criminals when they feel threatened by them. The current administration has completely turned it's back on securing the border. Be hard pressed to see how that would make things worse.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Let me re-type this for you:
    "...under Arizona law, deadly force is allowed on one's own property if the homeowner believes it 'immediately necessary' to prevent trespassing."
    Still needs more details. It*s not as simple as a newspaper reporter saying under Arizona law deadly force is allowed on ones property etc*..* without any citations. Reporters don*t alway have their facts straight and a statement by a reporter in an article does not make it true.

Does it mean as a castle doctrine? Does the person have to be entering a house or does it include on land a 100 feet, 100 yards or a mile away from the house? Does livestock or a life have to be in danger? Does the intruder being armed or not make a difference? Is it only in matters of self defense?

I*ve taken a quick look for the statute and could not find it. I may not be the best researcher though. I did find some lawyers talking about Arizona*s castle doctrine laws and it does not appear to be as clear cut as *see someone on your land, shoot them without repercussion.

A couple of things I read if you are interested.
    https://www.orentcriminallaw.com/blo...t-an-intruder/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...se/2143090002/

https://www.azcrimlaw.com/criminal-l...-a-trespasser/

Edit to add The more I look, the more it looks like the reporter is misstating Arizona law.

To little information right now to determine if he was within the law in this shooting imo.
    Last edited by Ilikebuckets; February 6th, 2023 at 11:04 PM.

Sounds like a 6th amendment violation. How was he denied bail? He's not a flight risk, he's going to back to his bunker and shoot anyone else who comes on his property.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Really. More details. Az. has stand your ground laws that allow you to shoot trespassers? That sounds pretty harsh. Otoh, it's not "migrants" or "immigrants" or "undocumented workers" that are streaming across our border. It's an invasion of criminal, illegal aliens.

These individuals are evidencing bad behavior in lots of places where they're dumped or escape to. Perhaps it's not a bad idea for land owners along the border to start shooting these criminals when they feel threatened by them. The current administration has completely turned it's back on securing the border. Be hard pressed to see how that would make things worse.
    It's a genuine insurrection, that's what it is.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It's a genuine insurrection, that's what it is.
    Wouldn't they have to be citizens for it to be an insurrection?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Wouldn't they have to be citizens for it to be an insurrection?
    Not IMO
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast