Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Question Lockers or Not at DelCo Courthouse

Y'all,

I searched. I really did. Most results were at least 3 years old.

The building that used to house the (2) lockers at the Media Courthouse no longer exists. Someone recently posted about the metal detector attendant praising them for carrying when headed to the sheriff's office. So...

Does DelCo have lockers? If so, where?

If no lockers (as required) does that mean it's OK to carry into the sheriff's office? If so, can I carry thru the courthouse entrance on the weekend because the door by the office is locked?

Generally, what's the deal?

I submitted my LTCF renewal online last night and want to be ready when it's time to go pick it up.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Lockers or Not at DelCo Courthouse

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Y'all,

I searched. I really did. Most results were at least 3 years old.

The building that used to house the (2) lockers at the Media Courthouse no longer exists. Someone recently posted about the metal detector attendant praising them for carrying when headed to the sheriff's office. So...

Does DelCo have lockers? If so, where?

If no lockers (as required) does that mean it's OK to carry into the sheriff's office? If so, can I carry thru the courthouse entrance on the weekend because the door by the office is locked?

Generally, what's the deal?

I submitted my LTCF renewal online last night and want to be ready when it's time to go pick it up.
    I would NOT try that, whether or not lockers are present. They likely have a security checkpoint before the sheriffs office, you know - metal detectors and shit... They do in all the courthouses I've been in for personal or work-related activities.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I was just there. The usual metal detector when you first walk in. The last and only time I used them,
    they were around the corner a couple streets away from the courthouse.
    FJB

lockers dont take up much space, most people dont even notice ours and theyre basically in the middle of the lobby.
    call/email them and ask.
    i look at it as a service we provide due to cowardly politicians. always happy to write up a receipt and apologize for the inconvenience it causes.
    there is some clause in sec913 that drops charges to a summary offense, but generally you are comitting a misdemeanor.
    while a sheriff might be like "meh" a district attorney or president judge might get all up in arms and decide to push the issue if you were allowed in.
    been years and i still dont understand how the powerplay works in one of these buildings. stupid government shit.

don't they have to be on-site or across the street? not a few blocks away.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    lockers dont take up much space, most people dont even notice ours and theyre basically in the middle of the lobby.
    call/email them and ask.
    I went today, and I did call ahead to ask if they had lockers or if I should just leave it in the car - just leave it in the car was the response.

A quick scan of the lobby while they were wanding the piss out of me (I was still wearing my holster on my steel-core belt and walking with an aluminum cane) showed nothing I'd identify as locker facilities.

i look at it as a service we provide due to cowardly politicians. always happy to write up a receipt and apologize for the inconvenience it causes.
    there is some clause in sec913 that drops charges to a summary offense, but generally you are comitting a misdemeanor.
    while a sheriff might be like "meh" a district attorney or president judge might get all up in arms and decide to push the issue if you were allowed in.
    been years and i still dont understand how the powerplay works in one of these buildings. stupid government shit.
    While the sheriff's office is literally 20-25 feet to the right after the metal detector, courthouse security is handled by the Delaware County Park Police. I don't know whose responsibility it is to provide lockers under the statutes, or if there are penalties included for the lack thereof.

don't they have to be on-site or across the street? not a few blocks away.
    5 years ago they were around the corner and across the street about a block down - still within the complex, but a hike from the front door. Now??? My personal situation does not permit me to do anything about this right now except be indignant and provide y'all with the information.

On the plus side, I renewed my LTCF online the night of 05 Feb, got text and email notification of approval afternoon of 14 Feb, and picked it up morning of 15 Feb. Not same day, but orders of magnitude better than the 46 days my first one took 10 years ago.

Took me longer to find parking than I spent in the building. Figuring out the parking payment was also unpleasant, but I don't get out much - it should by familiar to most folks. The blue spaces (handicapped/disabled parking) still take quarters, the rest take plastic at a kiosk. $1.50/hour.