Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Feb 7th PA special elections for House control

How can you tell when it’s nearly Election Day? The tone of the fundraising gets way more insistent.

And when control of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is on the line?

Much, much more insistent.

With less than a week to go before western Pennsylvania voters head to the polls in a trio of special elections for the state House, Democrats were shaking the money tree among supporters, warning of dire consequences in the case of even a single Republican win.

“While we have a Democratic ally in the governor’s mansion – right now, Republicans hold control of the Senate,” Pennsylvania Democrats wrote in a fundraising blast that went out on Monday. “If Democrats lose even one of the special elections, Republicans will keep their majority in the House and will have free reign to push their radical anti-democracy, anti-choice agenda.”

A caveat: Democrats are heavily tipped in the Feb. 7 races for the 32nd, 34th, and 35th House Districts in greater Pittsburgh. But politics is still an unpredictable business where anything can — and most likely will — happen.

The seats, all held by Democrats, opened up with the death of one lawmaker, long-serving Rep. Anthony DeLuca, and the resignations of Reps. Austin Davis and Summer Lee, who respectively are now serving as lieutenant governor and in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Democrats held a slender 102-101 majority right after the November 2022 elections. The vacancies gave the advantage back to Republicans, and the two sides have been sparring over control of the 203-member chamber ever since.

https://www.penncapital-star.com/cam...orning-coffee/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

PickingPA Guest

Default Re: Feb 7th PA special elections for House control

They are all safe, dark blue districts.

Besides, even if the Republicans could squeak out the majority, they already elected a D as House Speaker.

Once whole, and convened, expect the House lunatic Dems to crank out anti-gun bills left and right. The bills WILL make it out of committee and the Speaker WILL bring them to the floor.

We have a (mostly) RINO State Senate standing between status quo and NJ/MD style gun control & taxation

Buckle up

(Elk County)

Is this election statewide, or just in the districts affected by the shuffling of politicians into their new positions outside the legislature?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Is this election statewide, or just in the districts affected by the shuffling of politicians into their new positions outside the legislature?

Noah
    Just in the affected districts, which are navy blue

(Bucks County)

As expected, all 3 races went to the communists.

Democrats won all 3 seats. They now have a 102-101 majority. It*ll be important in the next two years to pressure your reps to vote no on any future gun control. While the NYSRPA V BRUEN ruling gives some solace in any future gun control laws being immediately injuncted as we have seen, it*s more important that they never get passed to being with. https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/pa-...ounty/42794641

When the newly elected lawmakers take office, the House may still be one member short of its full complement. That’s because Republican say Rep. Lynda Schlegel Culver won a special election Jan. 31 to fill a vacant state Senate seat.
    With any luck it’ll be split once someone else fills this seat, if i’m reading this correctly.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    With any luck it*ll be split once someone else fills this seat, if i*m reading this correctly.
    It's a very (R) area. 101-101-1 might not be so bad especially if every Republican stands their ground. Could be the gridlock we all hoped for...

However, I can guarantee one thing, we'll be getting radar with the local police passed sometime this year.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    It's a very (R) area. 101-101-1 might not be so bad especially if every Republican stands their ground. Could be the gridlock we all hoped for...

However, I can guarantee one thing, we'll be getting radar with the local police passed sometime this year.
    I’ll believe it when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert. Thats a pipe dream with all the rinos

(Bucks County)

the sun is setting quickly on PA. we are 1, maybe 2 election cycles away from becoming NY 2.0

i keep saying this to people but it falls on apathetic ears - the kung flu created the perfect storm with the work from home scam. and it continues to proliferate with no end in site, my company included. at meetings when i ask when we will end the remote work i get the 1000 yd stare. there is no plan to end it. in fact it's so bad now most college grads refuse to accept a job that ISN'T work from home. it is now expected.

and thanks to that, it has allowed libs to scatter like dandelions in the wind. they move and spread like cancer to other states then continue to vote for the same garbage that ruined where they came from. hell all you have to do is drive through bucks county here and the NY/NJ plates damn near outnumber the PA ones. and a good % of the PA plated cars have some sort of NY sports team sticker on them. they want you to know they're a transplant.

my wife and i have already made up our minds we will be leaving this state as soon as our situation allows it and heading south. i'm at the point i cannot wait until the day the Northeast/I95 corridor is in my rearview mirror for good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast