Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Marijuana Law against Gun Ownership Unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I know a boatload of stoners aceoss a wide spectrum of ages. There's only one that comes to mind as successful on a level that matches his ability. How he does it, I don't know as he's an everyday, multiple times a day, pothead.

The rest of 'em are either holding their own or living in mom's basement. The ones just making it are performing far below their capabilities. So, no. From my prospective the vast majority are entitled, unmotivated and lazy.

It seems, the issue is moderation. With modern pot, there just doesn't seem to be any "just on the weekend" types anywhere. It appears modern pot is so powerful, folks just need to be high all the time.
    I think the moderation part is key. I know a bunch of successful people that smoke up on occassion, but not considered potheads. I don't know what modern pot is, but whatever they use allows them to lead a normal life. As for me, it's not my thing, but to each their own, if it's legal.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    First of all, don't call me "motherfucker."

I wouldn't entirely disagree with disposing of most criminals. But until we get to that point, consider what crimes were capital offenses when the Constitution was written. The Founding Fathers didn't have to deal with this mess.

"By 1776, most of the colonies had roughly comparable death statutes which covered arson, piracy, treason, murder, sodomy, burglary, robbery, rape, horse-stealing, slave rebellion, and often counterfeiting. Hanging was the usual sentence."

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...death-penalty/
    It's a common Poofa figure of speech, not intended to refer to any individual.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Why is that? Boomers spilled more pot that yous grasshoppers ever saw.
    True dat... but, today's pot packs more punch than the finest you could get back in the day. Ever heard of 'Philly White'?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

The ruling states that the law against gun ownership for mj users is unconstitutional. I don't have any more of a problem with pot smokers than I do with alcohol users, and the same rules should apply. I don''t give a shit if you're smoking a joint or drinking a beer while you're sitting at home watching the Simpsons, but don't handle a firearm, go to work, or drive under the influence.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    The ruling states that the law against gun ownership for mj users is unconstitutional. I don't have any more of a problem with pot smokers than I do with alcohol users, and the same rules should apply. I don''t give a shit if you're smoking a joint or drinking a beer while you're sitting at home watching the Simpsons, but don't handle a firearm, go to work, or drive under the influence.
    Ding ding. Personal responsibility, enough said.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Well then by your logic, we should let felons have guns as well, because judging by news reports they already have them. Yeah, let's have absolutely no regulation of who can own guns. Should work out great
    Nice goal post shift there. There's already tons of gun owners that use pot and it's illegal now. Do you think there's suddenly going to be some difference if it's legal? There's not a rash of pothead violence anywhere that I've noticed.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I think the moderation part is key. I know a bunch of successful people that smoke up on occassion, but not considered potheads. I don't know what modern pot is, but whatever they use allows them to lead a normal life. As for me, it's not my thing, but to each their own, if it's legal.
    Same here, I know people in education, business, health care, etc that use MJ the same as alcohol and have no problem with it. Most would be considered upper middle class at worst with careers and homes and families. I can't because of my job, but I do drink and see zero difference.

(Northampton County)

It never should have been illegal to begin with. As for concerns over people driving or shooting while under the influence, they should pass a law against that. We should also pass a law that prohibits mass shootings. Oh wait ... Yeah, those arguments in support of banning something sound equally ridiculous.

p.s. I don't smoke pot, but I fully believe I should have the right to. And no, I don't think I should require a card from the government that tells me what I am allowed to put into my own body. Sound familiar? Some of you just talk out of both sides of your mouth.

(Monroe County)

The problem is todays pot is far different than that of the stoner 60's. It's been genetically modified and manipulated. The human brain isn't fully developed until around age 26 and as seen here sometimes later. In the developing brain pot can lead to panic attacks, depression, and other mental health problems, not to mention increased anxiety.
    Using pot in the long term has been linked to increased risk of psychosis ,schizophrenia, dementia and hallucinations.
    Although it isn't nearly as addictive as alcohol or opioids it is addictive and also the user grows a tolerance.
    Then consider how pot is generally used. The vast majority of users smoke regularly if not daily as opposed to many alcoholics that may function all week without but binge on a weekend.

There are many benefits to medical pot but IMHO we don't know enough to legalize it recreationally.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    ***Angry boomer noises intensifying***
    This Boomer has never touched the stuff but has zero fucks to give. States are legalizing; Fed.gov needs to catch up.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast