Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Mini-14 GB A-TM stock upgrade

Looks great....how much did it cost you if you don't mind saying?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    Looks great....how much did it cost you if you don't mind saying?
    https://www.samson-mfg.com/a-tm-fold...i-14-copy.html

(Montgomery County)

Lets hear a range report. I have a 580 series with a tactical stock. I want to swap my tactical out to a Walnut stock but I am curious about the side folder. I just don't care for my Tacticle Stock.

(Lancaster County)

The 1980's GB-20 version of the mini, I feel is the best production models, I have not had a chance to handle a newer 580 series, But my GB has none of the accuracy issues the internet loves to bash the Mini14 over. Mine is a PA state police trade in bought when they switched to AR's. Some of the Ruger fan forums say the GB's where given a higher degree of QC while in production due to the prospective end users, not sure if this is really true or not?. I stumbled on a very nice and no longer manufactured Millet adjustable rear sight, have never seen another like it

I do have a Butler creek folder which is very nice but have since Re-Fudded it back to a wood stock and aftermarket wood forearm. The stain used was minwax dark graphite but the blond birch Ruger uses turned it green, I was like WTF!. Was going to re do it but the color has kind of grown on me. Another interesting gadget i have found and not sure if Ill ever use it is a stripper clip guide to charge magazines through the open action, works great but just sits in the parts bin for now

(Lehigh County)

I can't say I am for or against that Tactical Folding stock, definitely a more modern twist on things. I think it all really depends on what look your going for.

As for Accuracy and the Mini.. I can only really talk about my mini which is a GB variant. When the barrel is cold if I do my part I can probably hit 2-3" groups, some of that is probably me, some of that is the basic peep sights on it, and the remaining is the rifle itself.
    This group starts opening up considerably as the rifle barrel heats up, from 2-3 to 4-5" would not be an exaggeration, I tend to take my time with this rifle because of it, and pace my shots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12