• Turkish MP5 clone

8 17.39%
  • Suppressor (my first)

10 21.74%
  • 308 semi (M14, AR10, Cetme, PTR)

4 8.70%
  • Lever action 357

11 23.91%
  • Finish the projects ya have already ya bum!

7 15.22%
  • Other (please comment)

6 13.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: What to buy next?

Have to go for the can.

I bought 3 last year (My 1st dip in the can pond) and they are still in jail

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    And Russian and Arsenal Bulgaria imports. Anything can happen at any time.

I dragged my feet on an SLR104FR, then Arsenal announced no more civilian semi imports. The prices immediately went up 50% and new stock was gone within a week. Now they are 3x the cost on the secondary market.

Nothing to do with any US/Bulgaria relationship. They decided to focus on military production.

ANYTHING can happen. Just because it looks good now is no indication of a continuing positive situation. Almost always better to buy sooner than later.
    This. So many firearms I wish I bought years ago when they were cheap.

(Northumberland County)

Anything NFA that's functional and more of an investment than a suppressor is probably out for the foreseeable future. I'd love to go that route but the funds for that are on a whole nother level.

Ammo is always good. I may have to move that up the list honestly. I did OK stocking up in the Trump years bit should've bought more. Isnt that always the case?

Part of my concern on the MP5 clone is price going up (by a lot), and on the suppressor it's the wait time more than anything.

Feel the same way on the Cetme. .I sorta missed that opportunity, and now for the going rate, it'd probably be a PTR if I went for that look. Or the M1A.

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

JM stamped 1894c that is all.

I'm going to go against the grain and say, buy a 3D printer. Your limitation is your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    The lever action in 357 is a nagging want, and definitely not helped by the fact that i just missed out on a Rossi 92 for a good price. But more of a "I need to get one of those eventually", in the same sense that I 'need' a 1911 sooner or later.

Some really good points about the imports/MP5 being at greatest risk. I hadn't thought of a ban, so much as prices going up from their current lows. And I'm not gonna lie, there's just something bad ass about an MP5. I definitely do think it'll be modern more than C&R, whatever I go with. The bans are a fair consideration though.

Smooth bore mag fed is one I probably should've bought, but wont now. I have a Turk Benelli clone I'm still breaking in. In hindsight, maybe an AK pattern one wouldn't have been a bad choice instead.

The 308 battle rifle is one I've toyed with for a long time. M14...bad phrasing on my part...M1A. I keep getting close to buying one of those listed, but never quite there. I do like the concept behind the new Ruger, but am not sure if the idea will take off...and I wont buy unproven designs. I'd like to see it succeed though.

Reloading supplies is a fair suggestion. And one i tend to neglect to often.

CZ82...if it the one I'm thinking of, yours is a beaut. But that's not a caliber i have much interest in unfortunately.
    I was surprised to see how much Rossi R92's have gone up in price. They used to be the value deal out there if you were willing to do some basic smithing to get them smoothed out. I bought my R92 as a blem from KYGUNCO years ago for $350. Back then a new one was $550. Spent a weekend installing a spring kit and polishing the internals, and it's slick as shit covered in duck fat. I guess even at the $700+ they're going for now, they're still a good deal compared to a Henry or a new Marlin. I was talking to the Marlin rep at the GAOS this past weekend, and they were saying the new 1894 was going to be comparable to the price of the new 1895; so around $1500 MSRP.

(Northumberland County)

Lever action 357 is winning the poll...did not expect that honestly. I know the Rossi's have gone up a bit in recent years, which makes the one I missed out on that much more painful. $350 would be amazing, but I'm sure that opportunity is gone too. If I go the lever route it'll likely be a Rossi or Henry...Marlin and Winchester are just so damn expensive anymore.

As for FALs... they still exist? Half joking, but in all seriousness its not one you ever here much about anymore. Feel like they were all the rage at one time, but rarely seen now.

3D printer has some appeal in theory, but also feels like another hobby I wouldn't have enough time to learn.

mp5 clone.
    FJB

(Susquehanna County)

My other is a S&W Model 63 .22LR

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast