Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bradford County)

Default Re: Surface area RE: Brace Ruling

I would as well since it would very likely constitute an immovable lodgement at that point. Since all they do is verbally spew shit, it should not present an issue.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I remember it the other way, they didn't care about the tube until you put the stock on it. If what you remember is true then how have braces that use carbine tubes been legal up to this point? As long as braces have been a thing, carbine tubes have been legal on pistols.
    Not looking for an argument, I get what you are saying, just pointing out the ATFs idiocy.
    My AR pistol has a rail that will readily accept a VFG, my AR rifle lower will readily accept an AR pistol upper, neither of those things make it an SBR until they are actually mated together.
    I too remember the way he said - carbine tubes were "go directly to jail", and only pistol tubes were allowed.

No idea how/when that changed, but I was really confused by the SB A3 using a standard carbine buffer tube.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I too remember the way he said - carbine tubes were "go directly to jail", and only pistol tubes were allowed.

No idea how/when that changed, but I was really confused by the SB A3 using a standard carbine buffer tube.
    I remember seeing videos featuring firearms with carbine tubes waiting on their tax stamp, and sb3s were approved over 10 years ago. That said, my buffer tube specific memory doesn't go back 15 or 20 years so I'll concede that. I do recall thinking pistol ARs were stupid before braces were available, so I didn't own one back then.
    Along those same lines, a Ruger PC Charger (and some others) have an integrated pic rail on the rear that can't be removed without cutting the chassis up. There's no reason for that pic rail except to add a stock or brace, Ruger advertises the pic rail specifically as a brace mounting point. What does this mean for these guns?
    The Hostler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123