Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Surface area RE: Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    I think they would need to switch over to a pistol tube. At least that is my interpretation.
    it also sounds like it must be of a certain length. there are pistol tubes that are like 9" long.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I recall pre-braces, that carbine tubes were "no-nos" simply because they could readily accept a stock. It's why "pistol tubes" came to the market.
    I remember it the other way, they didn't care about the tube until you put the stock on it. If what you remember is true then how have braces that use carbine tubes been legal up to this point? As long as braces have been a thing, carbine tubes have been legal on pistols.
    Not looking for an argument, I get what you are saying, just pointing out the ATFs idiocy.
    My AR pistol has a rail that will readily accept a VFG, my AR rifle lower will readily accept an AR pistol upper, neither of those things make it an SBR until they are actually mated together.
    The Hostler

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    According to my ffl...

If it has a buffer tube, and needs a buffer tube, and has nothing else, it's ok. If it has a buffer tube, but does not need a buffet tube, it's not ok. If it has a buffer tube, needs a buffer tube, and has a fin/brace/stock, it's an sbr. A foam pad for your cheek is ok.
    Which is all good except that your ffl has no more idea than the rest of us as far as what the landscape is going to look like going forward.
    The aft management has demonstrated time and again that their opinions are subject to change. This latest ar pistol brace fuckery is yet another example.
    The only thing I feel sure of is if you’re a target, nothing is going to rescue you from federal court and having to fight the convoluted legal reasoning applied.

As Gunlawyer pointed out, federal conviction rate is unsurvivable.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Lancaster County)

What if I have a carbine tube on a shelf in my safe above and slightly to the side of my AR pistol?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What if I have a carbine tube on a shelf in my safe above and slightly to the side of my AR pistol?
    It depends on if your wrench is stored in a separate location. Just kidding.

Anyone who owns a pistol and a rifle have the right parts to commit a crime. Sometimes the government will just have trust that we won't do the wrong thing.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I remember it the other way, they didn't care about the tube until you put the stock on it. If what you remember is true then how have braces that use carbine tubes been legal up to this point? As long as braces have been a thing, carbine tubes have been legal on pistols.
    Not looking for an argument, I get what you are saying, just pointing out the ATFs idiocy.
    My AR pistol has a rail that will readily accept a VFG, my AR rifle lower will readily accept an AR pistol upper, neither of those things make it an SBR until they are actually mated together.
    It looks like you are correct & that I fell victim to the urban myth of constructive possession.....
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    It depends on if your wrench is stored in a separate location. Just kidding.

Anyone who owns a pistol and a rifle have the right parts to commit a crime. Sometimes the government will just have trust that we won't do the wrong thing.
    Oh sure, like you haven't gone into the deepest part of your basement and swapped your pistol upper on your rifle lower just to see what it looked like.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

I have seen the Extar EP9 which is pistol caliber and going on their website, taking the brace off and getting rid of it, will have the pistol conform to the ATF ruling. but as others have echoed... does that really conform?

https://extarusa.com/blog/regarding-...rule-2021r08f/

(Bradford County)

I think the ATF should conform to a pistol buffer tube up their collective asses. Frankly it may improve their brain and explanatory functions since apparently all they DO is talk out of their ass.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    I think the ATF should conform to a pistol buffer tube up their collective asses. Frankly it may improve their brain and explanatory functions since apparently all they DO is talk out of their ass.
    I would prefer it still have the brace on it prior to it being shoved up their asses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast